cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order link with the project system & Ship to party Validation

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a project for a project Driven organisation and in this project we are doing delivery from CNS0 based on the network & sales order.

But the issue is that if i am changing the ship-to-party in that then system is not checking the validation for the same.

So where we can make the validation if we are making the delivery from CNS0 with my respective Sales order.

Another issue is that we are not able to get any document flow between sales order and delivery even if we are using the same WBS element.

Kindly suggest me the solution from where i can make some validation between the delivery and the sales order ship to party.

Thanks

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you might have

- created sales order with relevant WBS & MRP type in VA01

- and subsequently did cost planning

- then assign Material Components to Network Activities using tcode CN22 with relevant stock type for project Q.

- Also, you project should be in release stage

Further Use CNS0, you have provide either WBS element or Sales order

Preferably, it should be sales order (If created).

Click on Component button.

In general data dialog box, in Planned gds mvm field provide following details:

- Planned gds mvm

- Ship-to party

- Company code

- Division

- Distribution channel

Then choose Copy (this is crucial )

On the Delivery from Project: Edit Delivery Items screen,

- confirm the delivery quantity,

- enter dates for Delivery Date and Goods issue fields

- Finally Save.

If now I create delivery other ship-to party other then sales order, then system would not allow you to create delivery doc.

Even though you find any error while creating delivery doc from tcode CNS0, while going for PGI through VL02N. You will definitely get error.

Further you can check SAP Note 882490 - CNS0: Delivery created in spite of error for your understanding/reference.

Regards

JP

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply JP but here in this project i am not generating any requirement from Sales order & MRP is based on the project system that's why the issue of reservation comes in the picture. Apart from that because we are using third party software for the interfaces for PP so requirement is getting flown from PS itself and that is the reason we are not using Sales order cost settlement over here. We are booking the entire cost on the WBS Element itself.

So Network is not getting trigger from the Sales order.

Kindly provide me some other solution.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume the project used is Sales Project.

So, can you brief us, what kind of sales scenario is this?

Make-to Order(MTO)?

Make-to Stock(MTS)?

Engineer-to-Order (ETO)?

Assembly Processing?

Any other sales scenario

Can you elaborate this...

Regards,

JP

0 Kudos

It's a ETO Process.

So i am not supposed to create any network based on my Sales Order.

But still i want some document flow from my sales order to the PS network.

0 Kudos

JP,

One more point is over here i used the deliveries option available in the Network header but its only popping up the details i maintained at the time of CNS0 components click but if i am changing it manually system is not stopping me by doing so.

So is there some standard validation for this or i need to go for the development only for the validation.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In order to maintain the document flow between sales order and delivery.You need to Maintain the Copy Controls between Sales Document and You Delivery Document.

So for that first You check document types for both Sales Document and Delivery Document.

For that goto : Spro> Log Exe> Shipping-> copy Control---->Spc Copy Control for delivery.

There you can see the standard Copy control b/w OR(SalesDoc)<---->LF(DelDoc.)

Similarly you have to maintain the CC b/w your doc types.

For SHIP to Party Pl. Check Shipping Condition are maintained in master data or not

and Check weather Shipping point is assigned to plant or not.

<< Moderator message - Point begging removed >>

Thanks.

Edited by: C.Ankit on Feb 23, 2012 11:17 AM

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 23, 2012 10:18 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems you had never worked on the integration with the PS System.

In this i am suppose to do the delivery from the delivery type LP but not with VL01N. I have to create this delivery from CNS0 which is something hard code program from SAP. In which when i'l create the delivery it will knock off the reservation using movement type 281 Stock Indicatior Q and when ill do the PGI from VL02N it will hit the movt. type 601 Q.

But the issue is that CNS0 uses the details from Network T-Code CN22, which is assigned to a WBS Element T-Code CJ20N. so it doesn't read my ship-to party even.

So kindly read my question again and then reply me on the same.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Seems you had never worked on the integration with the PS System.

Do you really feel that, then kindly elaborate, how?

Mind it my response is purely based on you 1st response.

Compare your responses

I am working on a project for a project Driven organisation and in this project we are doing delivery from CNS0 based on the network & sales order.

But the issue is that if i am changing the ship-to-party in that then system is not checking the validation for the same.

So where we can make the validation if we are making the delivery from CNS0 with my respective Sales order.

Another issue is that we are not able to get any document flow between sales order and delivery even if we are using the same WBS element.

Every where you are talking about SALES ORDERS

In this i am suppose to do the delivery from the delivery type LP but not with VL01N. I have to create this delivery from CNS0 which is something hard code program from SAP. In which when i'l create the delivery it will knock off the reservation using movement type 281 Stock Indicatior Q and when ill do the PGI from VL02N it will hit the movt. type 601 Q. But the issue is that CNS0 uses the details from Network T-Code CN22, which is assigned to a WBS Element T-Code CJ20N. so it doesn't read my ship-to party even. So kindly read my question again and then reply me on the same.

I understand, your project if need to be connected to sales order, then WBS element is maintain in respective account assignment.

Further, I never said it is mandatory to have network for this scenario. It just example. And I shared by experience for similar kid of scenario. Which not ground rule & can differ customer to customer, project to project.

I know we can have project sales merely with WBS element.

Hence, I hope you are expert in ETO scenario, you can check your requirement implication by end-to end scenario testing.

Thanks & Regards

JP

0 Kudos

Hi JP,

this reply was not for you.

You had not checked it out that i had not send this reply to you it was for ankit & the next message was for you not this one.

i am deep looking into this issue and the solutions provided by you is not working for me.

If i have to go for WK2 contract or say Milestone Billing concept then it was easy to get the entire relation but here the main question is that nothing is trig-erring out of my sales order so in my document flow i can't get the link but can i get some validation something available in the config of CNS0 where i can make changes. As i tried the screen layout settings for network also but even then that's not helping me out.

I had gone through the answers given by you on lot's of threads and always welcome your answers.

So your solutions are always welcome.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies for missing out, "in response to: C.Ankit"

Okay.

Now, for doc flow link.

1st and farmost important thing for this is your delivery doc should be created with reference to Sales order.

So, check your copying control for this scenario in VTLA. There for your item category used.

You have indicator "Update document flow" need to be active under Control data section.

If this update indicator for flow table is active then the system is going to creates a document flow record when you copy one sales document into another.

Thanks for encouragement and feedback.

Regards

JP

0 Kudos

It's ok.

Document flow is already updated over there but it will not work coz i am not making delivery using t-code VL01N. i am doing delivery through T-Code CNS0 and by default it consider the Document type DL which works in the background and it is block in VOV8 by the standard SAP as we use to use this document type in STO process. but hence not able to get the document flow.

This issue is very much complicated and even i had written it to SAP but not got the reply till yet on the same as i checked it out in many other similar projects but in none of the project they had ever got the flow or provided it to the client but being a requirement i am trying to explore every possible area for this.

Thanks

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This b'coz, if you check LP delivery doc type by using Tcode OVLK.

You will find

Order required - P: Project Required

Default ord.ty. - DL (Here you can try with your desired order type)

Regards

JP

0 Kudos

I tried that option also. IN OVLK i changed the Order Type ZSTD (OR) and did the further process but still the program was not reading mine document and keeps on processing as earlier.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow! Great.

I hope you tried this change with fresh process cycle not with the existing one.

In that case, you can explore the option of userexit to change the standard beheviour of the system.

All the very best.

Regards

JP

0 Kudos

Yes I had tried it with new process cycles and also did the debugging & searched all the user-exits and BADI's as well but the main problem is that no user exit is helping me with the solution because the main problem is that i can't play with the reservation closing and can't let it open as we are using 3rd party software for optimization & planning so entire production is automated and through those software into SAP.

So i am not getting any solution on this.

Moreover i tried every combination for the copy control and now looking for something where i can go for a development to make some document flow but don't know whether our ABAPer can do this or not.

Kindly check out my another question as well.

Thanks & Regards.

0 Kudos

Yes i had done it with new process cycle and checked out all the possibilities i can explore.

0 Kudos

Yes i had checked it out using the new cycle