cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Plant to Activity Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to assign a Plant 123 to Activity Type PS01 in Transaction OPUV, i get an error message "An entry already exists with the same key".

But there is no Entry of Plant 123 in OPUV, i am not understanding when there is no entry why is system not allowing me to add this Plant/Activity Combination?

Thank you.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

PS: By Mistake i closed the earlier thread on same issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi

I am bit confused here. Tac- OPUV - Specify Parameters for Network Type, I did not see any assignment of Plant and Activity type bein assigned in OPUV. Correct me if wrong.

In OPVU, Plant would be assigned with Network Type. Please check.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekant, PSR,

Thanks for yoru inputs.

Sreekant: I jsut took example 123, actually i am trying to maintain plant 2121 (which is 4 digit No),

PSR: I meant Network type, my mistake.

Any idea on possible reason of error ?

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OPUV go to menu "SelectIin -> Display Deleted Entries" and see just in case if an entry with same combination has been created and set for deletion. This is another possibility that i can think off.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same thoughts as Sreekanth. Maybe an entry was created with the said combination and later deleted. Thought it is not seen in OPUV there is a possibility that an entry with the same key exists/has got registered in the tables.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post the complete error details (Error message number, Error details etc).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

This is the complete detail of the error i am gettng for your reference.

An entry already exists with the same key

Message no. SV009

Diagnosis

When creating an entry, you entered a key, which already exists.

System Response

The entry cannot be created.

Procedure

Specify another key or remove the entry using the function Skip.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a dumb thought; when you look up using the position are you using plant as 123 or 0123. The plant field seems to be a 4 digit field and in my system 123 is displayed as 0123.

Regards

Sreekanth