cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM does not create any planning orders

0 Kudos

Hi experts, in order to plan with ctm I've set up a simple model.

Some information for you.

We're planning with pds.

CTM master data, selected settings are: select dependent data automatically, start also for specified supply sources, perform only single-level selection; tab location products and ext. procurement are empty, in-house production contains the pds

strategies: replan all orders, order trees of selected demands, backward scheduling, fixed pegging

demands: priortization sequence: mbdat

settings: bucket-oriented planning, snp order, snp type

There are now some problems.

- CTM does not create any planning orders

- CTM uses the initial handling resource of the plant instead of the production resource (production resource is available in the pds)

- CTM detects no available capacity on the production resource even though there are buckets with available capacity

the snp heuristic works fine and creates planning orders!

if I have a look into the ctm log -> ctm planning run -> explanations for ctm planning run, and have look onto the finishgood material it shows the message type "warning" with text "empty scheduling interval", "product x / location z cannot be procured"

What's wrong or missing?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

GSU
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Obviously,you have 'constraint' which is not allowing planned order creation....unless I Have access to the profile/data set,it is difficult to say...But,broadly speaking,It's caused beacuse of proper varaiable bucket consumption for the resourse...If this don't help,try with 'ignoring the master data' in CTM Profile MD settings tab..

This will solve the order craetion problem

Thanks and Regards

Suresh

GSU
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I meant the variable consumption for the resource in PPM/PDS

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

thanks for helping. Now CTM creates planning orders in relation to the production resource and their available capacity. The handling resource isn't used anymore. But it seems that the production resource isn't used in the right way, because if I look into CTM-Profil -> Result Analysis -> Display Logs -> CTM Planning Run -> Explanations -> Result Indicators -> Resource Utilization, the available capacity, capacity consumption and the utilization are 0.

Further in CTM-Profil -> Results Analysis -> Display Logs -> CTM Planning Run -> Explanations -> Explanations for CTM Planning Run, when I select product column, sort in descending order, then select the first material (finish good) and select on the right hand side (search paths) the pds, the message text shows:

- resource x: dispatch not possible from 27.2.2012 00:00:00 to 20.04.2012 to 16:00

- activity  xyz cannot be scheduled

- Product y / location z cannot be procured

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

From the logs it is indicating it is not possible to schedule the order on given date range.

1. Make sure you have valid factory calendar assigned to resource.

2. You have defined capacity correctly

3. Resource is assigned to active model 000

4. Planning parameters of resource are maintained e.g -30 to 180

If overload on resource is not allowing to schedule order check whether you have made settings to make delayed fullfeelment.

Also check capacity consumption of resource in PDS.

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I've checked all points you've mentioned but everything looks ok.

Regards,

Patrick

Message was edited by: OS IT LE Team I've checked all points once again and saw that the capacity utilization was 0 %, so I changed the resource start and end time and it works. CTM creates planning orders and the resource is now taking into account.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please first make sure that you have set the procurement type of the product/location as "In-house Production" instead of " External Procurement", in the product master /sapapo/mat1, "Procurement" tab.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using SNP PDS as source of supply?

If yes, please check whether you have correctly set "Bucket Consumption" in the PDS.

The consumption sould not be zero.

Best Regards,

Ada

0 Kudos

Hi Ada

Our material is marked as internal procurement. We use SNP-PDS and we have also maintained a bucket capacity.

Regards

Thomas