Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Billing

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of EDI Billing, is it really necessary to have a outbound file created in the Supplier's system (in AL11) so that it can later be picked up PI/XI and then can be transmitted to the customer ??

Is it not possible to transmit the Idoc directly to PI/XI system. ??

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to transfer the data to XI/PI without moving to AL11, check the RFC connections and internet protocal.

XI/PI is a different server, we need to confirm how our data has to be communicated from SAP to other server.

In Brazil specific the EDI data move not through AL11. Check with the EDI ABAPer,,,

t/r

Gopi

former_member206170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

We are planning to do as follows.

1) Output will be triggered in the billing document. Next is step 2

2) Idoc will be created. Next is step 3

3) After the idoc generation, the flat file will be created. Next is step 4

4) This flat file will be processed by PI and a XML file will be generated. Next is step 5

5) This XML file will be transferred to a third party system.

Is it the best way to go ahead and follow the above steps ? If yes, any per-requisite or precaution which needs to be taken for the above. Please advise.

Here is one more question. I was preparing the Mapping Specification for a Interface (which will send the Invoice details to the customer) and this is my first time that am doing it. Can anyone please advise, how to map the fields to the idoc like (Amount without tax, amount including tax, vat amount, vat percentage at header and line level, tax codes at header level and line level). Are these fields taken from VBRK and VBRP.

I have already identified the Idoc type and its fields, but struggling to map it with the SAP fields. Please help.

Thanks,

Himanshu.

Answers (0)