cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach a file to purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement of attaching a file of any type(Doc,PDF,TXT,PPT) to the purchase requisition, We are able to attach a document through transaction(ME51n). Can any one please suggest are there any function modules or classes to do the same through coding.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Difference between DMS and GOS attachement

GOS Attachment list:

This attachment list can be found for nearly all object (document info record, material master,euqipments,...) and allows you to add specific files to the object and store them by archivelink technique.

Original tab in DMS:

This area is something DMS specific and allows you to store original files to the document info records. This original files are normally stored in a content server and from DMS point of view you will have more functionalities as when you add the files to the attachment list.

How to create DMS attachment master?

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/30bba04a-0114-2d10-6696-9898522c97df]

Important tables and FM related to DMS

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1366084&tstart=2355]

With the tables and FMs you can work with ABAPER to achieve your requirement

nitesh_gawas
Participant
0 Kudos

You can consult with your DMS consulatnt. Data management system is a module in sap which is taking care of all attchment.

It is standard module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I guess the Methord you are following is not the Correct one,

you should not directly attach the Document in the production server as the File size varies and takes a huge space in the Production Server, for this reason we go for DMS(Data Management System), you should create the document in CV01N and then use this Document NO as reference.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khan,

Thanks for your quick reply

We don't want to use any standard transactions, instead is there any other way to attach a document for the purchase requisition that is created through bapi_pr_create ( the function module we are using to create purchase requisition).

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have done the same long time back by creating the Document in the DMS, and at the same time attaching the document to an Object, the Bapi Used was BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2.

But for Directly Creating the document I guess you can take the Help from the ABAP.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Thanks for provide BAPI

Could you please provide any sample code for BAPI(BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2)

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Are you asking for the ABAP Code, You can ask with your Abaper to right the code.

but the important thing is that this BAPI calls for the Standard T-Code CV01N, for creating the Document, but you are not using the same Functionality.

I doubt, if it could be used in that condition, because you need to have all the DMS Settings, all the Document Types Described and DMS document Types assigned to which all Objects they can be attached with.

Please check the prerequisites be for going for any development.

Hope it helps you

Regards.

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please more specific why you want to attach through coding when you have standard option of attachment in ME51N? what's the different scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello seesen,

Thanks for your quick response

we are developing a BSP service for attaching a file to a purchase requisition. Can you please suggest us is there any way to achieve the functionality without using transaction.

uk_yelamuri
Contributor
0 Kudos