cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for Project created automatically when creating SalesOrder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Scenario is that i have setup the system so that the Project is created automatically via Standard NWP/WBS when creating the sales order.

Now if the sales order number created is 812 system automatically picks the project code number created in background as M.812 (Coding Mask defined is X.XXX.XX...).

I want to understand where is the Sales order number range linked with Project coding mask??

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scenario that you are talking about is called Assembly Processing. In this case whenever a project is triggered by way of a Sales Order, the sales order number becomes a part of your project number depending on the coding mask that you have specified in the system.

I would suggest you to go through the Assembly Processing concept in SAP Help. Its explained in detail there and most of your queries will be answered there. You can also search the SDN Wiki. There is a good article on Assembly Processing scenario.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from what has been mentioned, I think there is no link between SO numbering and project numbering. There is link between coding mask but not with number. The reason you are getting same numbers is probably all projects in M series are created via assembly processing. If some one creates a project manually in M series or even a sales order using this number range & which is not related to assembly processing; this corelation will get disturbed. And further you will see different number for SO and project, but theres nnothing to worry about it.

Regards

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Order Number range is linked to Project Coding mask.

i.e If sales order is M.0001 then system check automaticalyy for coding mask with M.XXXX.XX

The generation for Project is standard and no special configuration is required.

Only we need to create Std. WBS and Std. Network.

Thanks,

Nitin