cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier type Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, just a fast doubt since i wanna create a DMS and have the option for others users in differents computers to display it.

I think i need carrier type front end, but my doubt is, like it said the thread, how i define the path.

Once i go to define carrier type--> frontend, i need to define a carrier type and a path.....how can i know which path is the correct, which path should i use?

as it is know, because some body else tried to configure it w.o succeed, the path is something like
something\sap_load

But i have no idea if the path is wrong or not. So i would love any tips to know how to define a carrier type path "front end" and if possible, for vault and archive.

THANKS, REGARDS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may configure Vault without DVA to store documents in local machine filesystem. You many need to configure the following

1) Defined the Define data carrier type "server, front end" as PC.

2) Defined Define servers and files or folders as Server1

3) Defined Identify frontend computers as Default, PC

4) Defined Define mount points / logical drive as Data Carrier:Sever1, Type: PC, Prefix for Access path:_ network path for the server

For definition of access path you may choose any shared location for eg

<hostname>\<sharefolder name>

C:\<share foldername>

Objective is that DMS folder repository path should have full permission to read,write.

Regards,

Deepak Kori