Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am new to QM.

What is the effect of inspection method in QM. Can you pls give some inspection methods which probably used for incoming,inprocess and final inspection methods.

I have gone through F1 help doc. I did not clear.

Pls help me

Thanks in advance

R.D.I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said above, You use inspection methods to describe how to carry out an inspection for an inspection characteristic.

for example: there can be various methods to carry out inspection for a particular characteristics like check resistance. u can check resistance with various methods various equipments. each method will be inspection method master.

inspection mathods can be used in MIC or directly in insp.plan but single insp. method can be used for single char.

Using the Inspection Methods, you can:

• Specify how an inspection characteristic should be inspected

• Define the qualifications for inspectors. The specifications in the inspection method take precedence over the specifications in the inspection characteristics.

• Create different versions of an inspection method (for example, with different validity periods)

• Find the desired version of an inspection method with different validity periods by specifying the key date

• Make changes to inspection methods with or without history. You specify the required plant-specific default value for this function in the Customizing application. However, you can also create a new version for a validity period manually. A version management function ensures that all changes are documented.

• Create a where-used list to determine the master inspection characteristics and inspection plans in which an inspection method is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

You use inspection methods to describe how to carry out an inspection for an inspection characteristic. You can create master inspection methods at plant level to simplify and standardize the inspection planning activities and to standardize the nomenclature. This allows you to plan inspections systematically, uniformly, Inspection methods can be referenced in master inspection characteristics and inspection characteristics in a task list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If MIC tells what parameter to inspect Inspection method tells how to inspect.

The kind the matsre data for inspection methid is actually depends upon type company in which you implementing .