cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move warehouse to another Plant

0 Kudos

Dear team,

Requirement is that

I have a warehouse P21 under Plant P130. Now the same warehouse needs to be moved to another plant P101.

Can you please suggest the probable steps to be carried out to have smooth transfer?

Thank you

Tushar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you will need a St Location in the New Plant and then you will need to connect the Plant/Sloc to the Warehouse in the IMG

Menu Path > Enterprise Structure >Assignment > Logistics Execution > Assign Warehouse number to plant/storage location

Assuming that all of the configuration for the new warehouse is done

St Types

St Sections

Bins

Strategies etc etc

Then when you do the Plant to Plant Transfer (suggest you use LSMW) it will be in two steps

MB1B movement type 301

On the front screen you have the plant'sloc the material is coming from and on the next screen you have the plant/sloc that it is going to

In the receiving Warehouse the stock will now be in St Type 920 and st bin TRANSFER

You then need to do LT01 (again use LSMW) to move the stock from 920 to the correct St Type bin

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

Your explaination is helped a lot! Great thanks!

Last but not least, a query.

Will it be possible to transfer stock in One step. Means when we post 301 thru LSMW in the issueing plant, system will create entries in 920-TRANSFER in the receiving plant and for the same TO will be created in the background and stock will be putaway in the actual St bins?

If yes, do you see any Pros N Cons?

Thank you

Tushar

0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

Just to note with the below query, we do have SU management active for all actual St types.

Thank you

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

What I understand here is your WM stock position is going to remain same , and you just need to assign the Warehouse to new plant.

In this case mvt 301 & transferring the stock is Okay. For that matter you can take out the existing stock position in excel & do the same postings.

Please remember following points once you start

1) there should not be any IM posting happening in that plant

2) No open stock in Interim , if exists clear that now.

3) No open TR , NO open PCN ..if exists clear it off.

Please check the settings its Immediate TO or automatic TO ?

You can check for Immediate TO for the time being so that recording can be done & stock will be backposted in same Bin with correct quantity , only Plant will get changed.

If your question is you want to deactivate the current plant & assign a new plant to that warehouse without having any kind of stock transfer then above steps are not useful.

There are many ways you can do that.

1) You can create a Dummy sloc (NO WM mgmt) where you can move the current stock & then do backposting

2) You can issue the current stock to cost centre with mvt 201 & then do backposting.

Once stock is nil then deactivate the WH mgmt in SPRO before backposting.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once the Warehouse is activated in the New Plant/Sloc you will need to carry out a Plant to Plant Transfer of your stock which will put the stock in Interim St Type 920 in the Warehouse and then you need to put it away in the appropriate bins

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

0 Kudos

Thanks Frenchy!

Do I need to create a new Sloc in P101?

Can you pls provide the steps to be followed?

Thanks

Tushar