cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handler GUID retrieval unsuccessful; check BAPI input interface

james_tucker2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've configured custom extensions per SAP Note 1361391. I have this working in my sandbox environment, but after porting my config to my dev environment I keep getting the error, "Event handler GUID retrieval unsuccessful; check BAPI input interface" when trying to query via the Web UI.

I've verified that the BAdI method SET_EHT_AND_CS of BAdI /SAPTRX/BADI_EVT_QUERY has been set to my new event handler type. Data is being populated into the tables in the dev environment, I just can't determine what I've left out of my config to get the Web Interface to work. I've gone step-by-step through my sandbox config, but can't see any differences in the config between the two systems, although apparently there is one.

Any pointers to where I should look? I'm using SCEMSRV 701 SP 06.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check if the View has been generated. See the code below that the BAPI to select data uses. You view of the extension table will begin with V_ or ZV_ depending on the name of your extension table. Generate the view and your data should magically appear...

select single * from /saptrx/exttabid into ls_exttabid
      where ext_table_id = ls_trktype-ext_table_id and
            ext_table_type = '1'. "header extension
    if sy-subrc ne 0.
      message s103(/saptrx/msio) raising selection_invalid.
    endif.

if ls_exttabid-ext_table_name(1) = '/'.
      find '/' in ls_exttabid-ext_table_name+1(12)
               match offset lv_offset.
      lv_offset = lv_offset + 2.
      concatenate
        ls_exttabid-ext_table_name(lv_offset)
        'V_'
        ls_exttabid-ext_table_name+lv_offset
        into c_viewname.
    else.
      concatenate 'ZV_' ls_exttabid-ext_table_name into c_viewname.
    endif.

james_tucker2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Kevin.

I noticed earlier that the developer had misnamed the view for ZEH_ID table as ZV_ZED_ID, instead of ZV_ZEH_ID. When I asked him to fix this, he simply added another view but never removed the first one. He then removed ZV_ZED_ID view, but didn't re-activate ZV_ZEH_ID. Once he re-activated ZV_ZEH_ID everything worked as you stated.

So, the view was there, but the combination of the incorrect view name and the new view not being re-activated were the source of the issue.

Thanks again.