cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication map - All output records in one file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting an error message when trying to syndicate records. This is my scenario:

1. I want to syndicate two main tables in one XML file.

2. I have create a field - Lookup [Main] in one of the main tables so I can use it on the syndication map.

3. I created a map, and I was able to have a combination of fields on the file.

4. I was able to create XML files but one record per file

5. I changed the settings on Map Properties to "All output records in one file"

6. When I manually execute the syndication process I get the following error - "syndication failed: Internal error"

Have anybody tried to syndicate two main tables in one file, and the file have multiple records on it?

Thank you,

Claudia Hardeman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudie,

Ex: MT1 referring to MT2. If in the map you have selected table as MT1, you can see all the fields of both MT1 & MT2 and map them. So for a record of MT1 table, fields from both the tables can be send.

The reverse is not possible. Selecting MT2 in syndicator, will only display fields on MT1 and not MT2.

But I remember reading something new has come up with 7.1 SP8 version, which will show all the reverse relation to main table record. Check this out.

For "All output records in one file" , make sure the XSD has 0 to Many or 0..n at the node level ; else you can send more than 1 record per file.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the SAP Note 1490089.

This is pointing to the same issue.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

I am getting an error message when trying to syndicate records. This is my scenario:
2. I have create a field - Lookup Main in one of the main tables so I can use it on the syndication map.
3. I created a map, and I was able to have a combination of fields on the file.
4. I was able to create XML files but one record per file
5. I changed the settings on Map Properties to "All output records in one file"
6. When I manually execute the syndication process I get the following error - "syndication failed: Internal error"

Have anybody tried to syndicate two main tables in one file, and the file have multiple records on it?

Firstly thanks for the clear explanation of steps.

Onle one main table can be syndicated per XML, by creating a lookup you are only syndicating the Display fields of the other main table records.

When you are manually syndicating the records, please select the appropriate path where you have the authorization to save the file (You might not be having the authorization to save in the default path that is appearing in the pop up when you manually execute the syndication).

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Prasad.