cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock consideration for Surp/Short calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to PPDS and trying to understand how some of the numbers are calculated in product view.

I would like to understand how surplus and shortages are calculated. I believe that when you have enough receipts (stock, other receipts) to cover all requirement in that case I should not see any shortage against requirement. but it is not the case. even though I have plenty of stock, when there is SO system displays shortage (equal to SO qty) and qty alert. I tried to research but no leads.

Situation is like this.

avail/req-Davail/reqT-category-receipt/req element-rec/req qty-conf. qty-available---surp/short

02/22/2012-14:18:31-Stock-TEST/SLPF/CC-550,000.00-550,000.00-550,000.00---550,000.00

03/07/2012 00:00:00 SalesOrder 14827566/000010/1 600,000.00- 600,000.00- 50,000.00- 600,000.00-

In this case If I run heuristics than system creates pur.ord for 50000 and available becomes 0 and shortage is reduced to 550000. When I click to see pegging I see 50000 pur.ord is linked to SO but stock is not pegged to SO.

If I change SO qty to less than stock, say, 500000 still it shows 500000 as shortage in surp/short column.

Need help to understand how surp/short is calculated and how can I assign stock to requriement so that there is no shortage and relavant qty alert.

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

shortages in the product view are calculated by pegging.

see documentation about pegging.

[Pegging |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/a1/5dab405f561314e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks frank for response but my question is why stock is not considered in surp/shortage calculation? Any leads to this would be greatly appriciated.

I have checked all settings and config.

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harshil,

The fact that you don't see stock reflected in the Surplus/Shortage calc does not mean that it has not been considered. It only means that it has not been pegged to the Sales order. The question you need to ask, then, is why is your stock not being pegged to your Sales order in this example. You can review the Pegging Overview tab in //RRP3 to confirm this fact.

CC stock is normally relevant for pegging, as explained in the SAP Help doc cited earlier. Yet, as of right now, it has not been pegged to the Sales Order.

Check your product master > Demand Tab all entries, especially Pegging subtab to ensure that the entries meet your business requirements.

...In this case If I run heuristics...

What heuristics? Check the Heuristic you are running, to see how it treats pegging relationships.

All the things you need to check are contained in the SAP Help link as cited in expert Horlacher's earlier post.

Best Regards,

DB49