cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.1 LDAP error "Partial results returned."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm configuring a SUP 2.1 server to authenticate users using a MS Active Directory server.

I'm facing the following issue: whenever I try to login to my test app I get the following error:

Partial results returned. Operation not completed (Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s)).

even if I set referral=follow and scope=subtree. The strange thing is that I get the same error with a java-based Ldap broser (JXplorer) but not with a non-java one.

Anyone faced the same issue before?

Thank you very much,

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it happens because you are accessing to an LDAP group with too many users.

Try to create a separate group in your LDAP with only 3 o 4 test and try to use them from SUP to check if I'm right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

We tried as you suggested but no luck.

I suspect that this error is due to some AD configuration on this (DEV) server. We tried connecting the LoginModule to a PROD server (with a lot of users) and everything works fine.

The AD teams told me that the only difference is that the DEV server is not behind a DNS so I have to use the IP address in the configuration.

Thank you again,

F

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I just remember we had a lot of problems connecting SUP to LDAP following Sybase manual. And I remember this error but I'm not sure about the reason.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for the help,

since the problem was on a test LDAP we decided to try the prod configuration and everything is working fine so our customer decided to not investigate further.

Thanks again to everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This problem occurs when the LDAP group search returns too many hits ,I think the limit is 1000 by default.

Regards

Nidhideep Bhandari