cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have a key figure which is called Forecast. I am going to setup the disaggregation on this KF to go against a statistical model's future forecast. So, when someone types in a Forecast at the product family level for the month of April, it would disaggregate down to each SKU in that Product Family based on the mix of SKUs in the statistical model's April forecast.

My question is this...I will run the statistical model at the beginning of every monh. I was expecting that when someone types in a new Product Family forecast, it will use these proportions to determine the forecaset at the SKUs in the appropriate mix. However, someone just told me that when I run the new statistical model each month, it will automatically "re-mix" the SKUs within the product family forecast without anyone doing anything. We do not want this. We only want the disaggregation to occur when someone types in the Forecast KF. The reason is because people might manually put a forecast at the SKU level and don't want it automatically be overwritten just because I run a new statistical model. They understand it will be overwritten if they type in the Forecast line at the product family level and are okay with that.

Does anyone understand what I mean and if I can prevent this? Or even if it will, in fact, automatically happen.

Thanks.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea

Disaggregation for the forecast key figure will not happen automatically if you update the statistical forecast key figure.

To get better control on the process, you can use another key figure like APODPDANT as the basis for disaggregation and update APODPDANT using transaction /SAPAPO/MC8V when needed based on Statistical Forecast updates.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. That is what I will do. I will run mc8v after my statistical model key figure updates and use these updates to store the proportions in APODPDANT. Then I have my Marketing Fcst KF using ADODPDANT as the Disaggregation KF. So when someone types a new value in KF Marketing Fcst at the aggregate level, it will disaggregate down to the correct mix. However, when I run a new Statistical Model , it shouldn't automatically overwrite the Marketing Fcst by itself.

Thanks.

Andrea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Disaggregation will always happen, when you change and save data at aggregated level (unless you use calculation type like 'N', but this shoud not be your case). Because we only save data at the most detailed level in liveCache. So if, in your case, when you run forecast on product family level, the newly calculated forecast value will be automatically disaggregated to SKU level, overwriting all existed values. You cannot prevent it from happening.

To my understanding, what you expect is: You run forecast at the beginning of each month. Then after that, before the next run, user may make changes to some certain forecast values either on SKU or product family level. For the manual adjusted values, they don't want them to be changed in the next forecast run. Right?

Maybe you can consider using the fixing functionality. When the user make changes to the value in a cell, if he does not want it to be changed, he can right click the cell and select 'fix cell(s)' from the context menu. Then this cell won't get changed anymore.

But you'll need to notice the following:

1)The key figure must be set as "fixable" instead of "simple" in the planning area setting in /sapapo/msdp_admin.

2)If you fix a cell at detail level (in your case, SKU level), when aggregated value (in your case, product family level) is changed, the disaggregation will change other unfixed values at SKU level, keeping the fixed cell unchanged.

3)If you fix a cell at aggregated level, when one of the value at detailed level is changed, other values at detailed level will be changed accordingly, keeping the total value unchanged.

4)You cannot fix all detailed values, but leave the total value unfixed.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I just reviewed this old thread since I am facing a similar issue. I followed the above process as follows,

I ran a statistical forecast at region level and then fixed the forecast for one product for the next month.

The statistical f/c KF is fixable. The product-level change caused the stat f/c KF at the region level to also change. I then save my data and then exit and come back and find that my fixed value was retained. I manually change the stat KF at the region level and notice that the  value that I had fixed for one of the product stayed fixed. I then save and come back to the interactive planning - so far so good.

I then run interactive planning again using the same historical data as used initially.

The system overwrote the f/c at the region level as it was before fixing at the product level.

When I drill down I see that the product level fixed value is overwritten.

Both times, I ran f/c at the region level.

Thus, the system is having different behaving differently to changes made interactively vs. a forecast run.

I have tried changing the dis-aggregation method from P to S and back but that did not impact the behavior.

What do I need to do to make sure a f/c run at an aggregate level does not change the fixed value at the dis-aggregated level (scm verison 7).