cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module Parameter Value trimmed/removed after activation of Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working with a SFTP sender channel and using MessageTransformBean for content conversion (Plain to XML).

Actually this interface was working in production as FTP channel earlier and because of few specific requirements we are moving this now to SFTP.

When we used content conversion through module parameters we find a strange situation. In our old file channel one of the parameter was set like below

Items.KeyFieldValue : "H " [ This means H with 2 white (spaces quotes are put just to explain you the value), as first value in file was of 3 characters]

When I set the same value in parameter value in Module configuration and save channel settings white spaces are removed during activation and Items node is never created.

I tried testing with KeyFixedLength as 1 and parameter value for KeyFieldValue as H and interface works fine and Item nodes created successfully.

My questions to XI expert is : How can we save white spaces in module parameter in such a way that these are not trimmed during activation.

Best Regards

Avanish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you mean the white spaces you put in as a parameter to your module gets trimmed?

If so this is a bug and you should raise a message with SAP on this regard.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use this parameter in module

xxx.fieldContentFormatting = nothing

Regards,

Prtateek Raj Sriavstava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I tried below

xml.Items.fieldContentFormatting=nothing

and when above doesn't work I tried

xml.fieldContentFormatting=nothing

Both the options are not working, Please suggest if any other options.

Best Regards

Avanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avanish,

Please try giving this parameter as follows:

Items.fieldContentFormatting=nothing

Let us know your result. I hope this works for you.

Regards, Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav,

I tried above mentioned settings but that also doesn't help.

Any other suggestion Guys, I need to fix this ASAP. I have raised an OSS message with SAP on this but they are going round and round, no concrete suggestion yet.

Best Regards

Avanish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

it can be silly answer.. but try as below once..

once the you do the changes, dont click save and activate buttons.. try to use the short cuts for saving and activating the communication channel.

CTRL+S ->saving

CTRL+C then typeA -> activating

give a try, may be it will not change the details that you have mentioned in the module parameters.

Thank You,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

This didn'd work.

Avanish