cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MalformedInputException Error in Adapter module for SFTP channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using MessageTransformBean in adapter module for Plain to XML conversion. The channel works fine in all the cases but when I recieve " ì " or few more special characters in the file my channel does not pick file and show below error.

Error: com.aedaptive.adapter.sftp.SFTPException : Aborting processing: com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleException: Transform: failed to execute the transformation: com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message: 'sun.io.MalformedInputException'; nested exception caused by: sun.io.MalformedInputException caused by: com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message: 'sun.io.MalformedInputException'; nested exception caused by: sun.io.MalformedInputException

I am using below parameter value in adapter module.

Transform.Class : com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.Conversion

Transform.ContentType : text/xml;charset=ISO-8859-1

Please help me if any of you have faces such error in your developments.

Avanish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

use file encoding as UTF-8 which solves your issue.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorg,

I have tried using UTF-8 encoding in my channel but this doesn't work. Communication cahnnel is still giving same problem.

Error: com.aedaptive.adapter.sftp.SFTPException : Aborting processing: com.sap.aii.af.mp.module.ModuleException: Transform: failed to execute the transformation: com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message: 'sun.io.MalformedInputException'; nested exception caused by: sun.io.MalformedInputException caused by: com.sap.aii.messaging.adapter.trans.TransformException: Error converting Message: 'sun.io.MalformedInputException'; nested exception caused by: sun.io.MalformedInputException

The file which we are trying to process have character Ì and as far as my serach is concerned i think this belongs to charset ISO-8859-1.

Any more suggestion Guys to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Avanish

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avanish,

Actually the character you mentioned is not part of the ISO-8859-1 encoding. See here for a complete list of characters in this encoding: http://www.utoronto.ca/web/HTMLdocs/NewHTML/iso_table.html. Make sure your browser shows that page with correct encoding (it might not happen automatically with some browsers), otherwise you will not be able to see the list properly.

So what you can do to solve the problem is to switch to UTF-8 (unicode) or possibly some other encoding, and your messages should be converted properly.

Hope this helps,

Greg

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also faced similar issue sometimes back due to Chinese character in the incoming file. You need to identify the correct encoding that supports the particular character creating issue. Also check sapnote 1131655 if it helps.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra