cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor the progress of a transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Some times when I start at transport it takes a few hours before the transport is finished.

The reason for the long duration of those transports is the size of the transport.

How can I monitor the progress of the transport and see that the transport is still making progress.

And how can I see/calculate the remaining time that a transport will need to finish?

Kind regards,

Joop Subelack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joop,

While transport request is importing into SAP system , you can perform below checks:

1. Go to /usr/sap/trans/tmp directory and check respective log file size is changing with current timestamp

2. check into SM50/SM66 workprocesses if it is in running status

3. you can also check SLOG file details via STMS_IMPORT --> menu Goto --> tp system log. it updates status like START tp_getprots or STOP tp_getprots

4. as OS level if windows check if tp process is running or in case of unix ps -ef | grep tp

Well we can not predict remamining transport import time for any transport request.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

transport may get delayed due to multiple reasons.like /sapmnt/<SID> full it won't be finished,object might got changed so on...

and you can monitor the progress under

/usr/sap/trans/log, if it is updating transport is running.

i think it is impossible to calculate how much time it will take to finish

Naresh

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos
marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to check trans directory? There should be some log files. With these it should be possible to tell on which step you are (as far as I remember there is about 9). However to tell how much time it will last is really hard because many factors have influence.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk