cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS License Clarrification!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Am entirely new into the concept of SAP DMS Concept .

We are now planning to implement SAP DMS . The license we have is for SAP Document access by open text with 100 users.

I have a doubt is this the correct license for SAP DMS . Is this the DMS License .

I will be so thankfull for your help .

Kindly help me .....

Thanks in advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Guy,

SAP Document Access by OpenText enables you to provide paper scanning, image capture, OCR, image viewing and annotation, office document capture from batch, desktop, and email -- all into into a highly scalable archive system. It also enables you to provide integrated views of the document flow across the various SAP transaction modules that are involved in your end-to-end processes so that your business users do not have to hunt for attachments to individual transactions.

Let me know how I can connect you to someone that you can work with to plan the implementation.

Thanks and best regards,

-Bill

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no license cost involved for SAP DMS.

What you have is the license for Document Management by Open Text. Open Text is a solution procurred by SAP.

Open Text can be configured with SAP ECC to have data or document stored in the repository.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply ...

So there is no license for DMS . Is there any end user license for the same .

KIndly help me ...

i have been asked to implement DMS . Am completely new to DMS ...i dont have any idea about DMS

Kindly help me how to proceed ..

I will be so gratefull if someone guide me with step by step procedures. Is their any step by step documentation for the same .

Thanks in advance!!!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Refer this link for Information on SAP DMS. It is good starting point.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SAPDocumentManagementSystem%28CA-DMS%29

Regards,

Deepak Kori