cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMIR based on variant of the material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your assistance on the below business scenario.

We are using variants for materials in our system and size of the material is one of the variants.

The customers order the same material in various sizes.

Now the issue is that for the end customer each size of the material is a separate SKU and hence a different material number.

When we maintain CMIR for these materials there is no option to maintain the Customer Material Number based on the size.

Is there any way to achieve this in SAP?

Pl. find below an eg:-

Material #: MATNR123

Sizes Available: 150200 and 200300

Customer Material Number:

For size 150*200: ABC

200*300: XYZ

Now when we maintain CMIR for this material it is at MATNR123 level and not at the size level.

The customer needs the print out to have the relevant size related Material Number.

Any help on this will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you try using configurable materials instead of creating many material master. I dont know how many variant you have in your comp, if they have 2 or 3 then maybe you can create different materials but if no is high then use configurable material.

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am using configurable material. The problem is that 1 product can be ordered in multiple sizes and each of the size is a separate SKU number.

My problem is how to store the multiple CMIR information of 1 configurable material for the same customer.

Regards,

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny SD on Feb 23, 2012 6:27 AM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create two different material masters with descriptions carrying the Sizes in it. By this way, you can manage two customer material numbers.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

We cannot create multiple materials since that will be cumbersome for the business. We are using Configurable Material (Variants).

The problem is that each variant of the same material has a different CMIR number. I am not able to maintain this information.

Any idea on how to achieve this.

Regards,

Sunny

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think it is not possible to maintain CMIR for each Variant of same Material Code.

Alternatively, I have a suggestion that might work for you. You can create a Z-Table with following Columns:

1. Customer Code, 2. Your Variant & 3. Customer Material Number.

Now in Sales Order, apply a User Exit, which will check this Z-Table & fill the Customer Material number accordingly.

Instead of maintaining CMIR for each combination of Customer & Material Variant, you will have to maintain this Z-table. So efforts on part of end-user are same.

You can use either of the below exits in Program - MV45AFZZ:

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta