cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing Server and Dispatcher node after system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just performed a system copy of a NW 7.01 JAVA only system for Enterprise Portal. After the import to the target system, in Configtool, the server node and dispatcher node are not there. I have looked through the System Copy guide and do not see any entry for recreating or any work that is done post import related to this. Has anyone seen this before or know the procedure for post import? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Is your target and source system both located in same server?

Ideally, the dispatcher and server nodes will be created during installation ( system-copy) and need not be created manually.

Was your system copy successful with no errors?

Regards,

Sonia

Edited by: Sonia Amin on Feb 24, 2012 12:28 PM

Edited by: Sonia Amin on Feb 24, 2012 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your responses. I solved my problem by re-installing the target system, then running the system copy import again. Everything ran smoothly this time around. My guess is that there were issues with my initial install of the target system from the beginning.

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if "Note 1131198 - Configtool does not show server nodes" helps.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can add more nodes with the configtools after the copy. As far is i can remember, the newer sapinsts (>= NW 7.1) have the possibility to specify the number of server nodes during installation. But when i did a system copy of a PI 7.3 lately the second node wasn't copied as well. But again with the newer releases only a fraction of the ../cluster/serverX directory is copied and adding more nodes is very fast.

Cheers Michael