cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test scenario without FTP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I developed File to File scenario by using transport protocol is FTP, I have tested all the message mappings with successfully ,

my FTP server is not working .So I want test my source file is placed Target side or not.

Please give the suggestion whithout FTP server how to test my scenario is the file will placed successfully or not in the target side.If there any another option to test the scenario other than FTP server in the communication channel what might we have to provie the proper FTP server details in that area.

Please do needful .

Thanks in advance,

Sudeepth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ID -> tools -> Test Configuration -> just u have to provide Sender And receiver details (For Configuration testing)

in ESr -> have to test mapping(design testing)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why dont you install a server of your own for test purpose?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4120

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudeepth

For testing you can use NFS instead of FTP

NFS will connect to your local PI file system

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do as Bhavani mentioned, else configure Transport protocol as NFS and get the access of Application server from basis and place the file in that location.

change the file folder configuration accordingly.

Thank You,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav and Sourabh,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion , but I dont have authoriztion for testing the file with NFS as Transport protocol insted of FTP server . It is only testing for the trail(Traninng) purpose . So I dont have it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudeepth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sudeepth

if you just want to test your scenario (Mapping and final output) then

Goto RWB - Integration Engine - Test Message

Copy paste your payload and test

BTW I dont see a problem in using NFS for testing. Go to TCode AL11 and see the mounted directory place your file there and test

Sourabh

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

if the scenario is properly confiugured in ID, you can check from RWB.

goto RuntimeWorkBench->Component Monitoring, click on Integration Engine, and use the "Test Message" tab.

in the Test Message tab, for the values that need to be entered, you can get from "Receiver Determination" ojbect of ID.