Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing SFTP from SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are currently accessing an FTP using the function modules FTP_CONNECT.....

But now due to clients requirement we now need to access SFTP from ABAP for exchanging files.

Do we have such provision of accessing SFTP from ABAP please let us know.I have searched through the forum but couldnt get any such information.

Please suggest really appreciate you all in guiding me.

Regards,

Deepak.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atanu_mukherjee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As you must be knowing SFTP is a dedicated transfer channel which protects the data security of the data being exchanged.

Now from ABAP perspective I don't think FTP_CONNECT fm is capable of communicating through SFTP channel. Only FTP connection is possible with this.

There can be 2 work arounds:

i ) Third party adapters like seeburger is needed for communicating through SFTP channel provided the license for using the FTP SSH server is purchased.

ii) I would suggest you to send your data to PI system and PI will then send the data to the target system through this kind of secured channel.

You can refer:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1478934

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Atanu Mukherjee

3 REPLIES 3

atanu_mukherjee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

As you must be knowing SFTP is a dedicated transfer channel which protects the data security of the data being exchanged.

Now from ABAP perspective I don't think FTP_CONNECT fm is capable of communicating through SFTP channel. Only FTP connection is possible with this.

There can be 2 work arounds:

i ) Third party adapters like seeburger is needed for communicating through SFTP channel provided the license for using the FTP SSH server is purchased.

ii) I would suggest you to send your data to PI system and PI will then send the data to the target system through this kind of secured channel.

You can refer:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1478934

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Atanu Mukherjee

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply i have checked the metioned links by you, but we are now using PI as of now.All we need to do is exchange files from an SFTP using few ABAP programs.

We used to use FTP_CONNECT inorder to place abd retrive files, but is there any way if we can use ABAP code for accessing the SFTP .

Thank you.

Regards,

Deepak.

0 Kudos

check

Note 795131 - FAQ: How to make Secure FTP communication with SAPFTP