cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Activities (Service and non service), Primary Cost Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

1. Need your help to understand the different in External Activity marked as servise and not marked as Service?? In what business scenario we use each of these??

2. Can someone give me an example business scenario where we use Primary cost activity? I understand that Planned cost will be updated as soon as i add value to thr Primary cost element defined, but how will actuals flow for this activity??

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Need your help to understand the different in External Activity marked as servise and not marked as Service?? In what business scenario we use each of these??

External Activity is created for service which is unplanned.

Whereas Service activity is created for Planned Service.These services are plannned already and used repetatively.while creating activtiy services are adopted from the service master same like material master.

You can get know the difference when you create both the activities itself.

Can someone give me an example business scenario where we use Primary cost activity? I understand that Planned cost will be updated as soon as i add value to thr Primary cost element defined, but how will actuals flow for this activity??

General Costs activity are used mostly for Administrative purposes. Example would be travel costs incurred for site visit for Project.

Once you confirm the activities Actual costs are posted.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to what Nitin has explained,

1) Control key plays a major role when you define such activities. A control key where the Service check box is ticked is used when you create an activity that has services involved. For services actuals are posted by way of entry and acceptance of services entry sheet.

2) As rightly indicated by Nitin, general costs activities are used when costs like travel, insurance, etc are incurred in a project. Direct FI postings can also lead to actual costs in case of such activities.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gokul and Nitin.

Regards,

Jatinder

Answers (0)