Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networks - Header and Activity assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Need a clarification from your end,

1. How to identifly nature of a Network, I mean whether is it a Header assigned n/w or Activity assigned n/w?

2. What is the major difference between them?

3. Which n/w would be most preffered?

4. Is there any specific setting in SPRO which separates these 2 networks?

Thanks for your time and understading.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How to identifly nature of a Network, I mean whether is it a Header assigned n/w or Activity assigned n/w?

Open the project in CJ20N and check the network details in the "Control Tab". Check the Network Type that is assigned there. Then in tcode OPUV check the network type parameters for the combination of this network type and plant. If the Activity account assignment check box is ticked it is a activity assigned network. If its not then it is a Header assigned network.

2. What is the major difference between them?

If its a Header assigned network all the costs will be collected at the network header level and if it is activity assigned network costs will be collected at individual activity level. Try out a test scenario for both the options and check the reports. You will understand.

3. Which n/w would be most preffered?

Generally, activity assigned networks are preferred over header assigned networks as they give you more control over the project. Besides you can see the break up of costs etc at individual activity level and this helps in effective decision making during the course of the project.

4. Is there any specific setting in SPRO which separates these 2 networks?

Yes. You need to define the Parameters for Network type in OPUV. Read the first answer for details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Your detailed explanation for each of my query has provided a great satisfaction to me, of course it has helped me a lot.

Thanks a lot and appreciate your valuable information.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Answers (0)