cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance tuning (reducing data transfer) for WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We developed some WD applications for many countries, and some countries have only 128kbit/s hired line access for the WDA, so it is quiet slow for them.

Our goal is to upgrade the performance, so we have to check the ABAP, and the WebDynpro itself.

I can handle the ABAP part.

The WebDynpro is called by direct link, so the portal administration is not accessible for this.

Some colleagues were monitoring the data transfer and they said always the FULL page is transferred (I don't know how did they check this, so I accept they are right).

So the main question, is there an option for reducing the data transfer of a WDA by sending to the clients only the changes, and not always the full page?

Thank you

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes. There is the concept of delta rendering. It is standard in 7.02 and can be activated in 7.01 with Notes 1337404 and 1403773. You should note that the delta is calculated at the View level, however. Therefore if you place your entire page design into one View, this will not help performance at all. If you break up your page into separate views - particluarly isolating sections with frequent updates, this can have a very good impact on your performance.

For other general performance improvements make sure you are running 7.01 or higher and you have Lightspeed rendering activated. This will trigger performance improvements like load on demand JavaScript and overall smaller page and JavaScript file sizes for the WD Framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tamás,

Have you checked this link?

If you are on the correct SP, you can use the WDLIGHTSPEED parameter. Also check note 1107662 that deals with this.

Gr,

Jaron Frenk