Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel stopped by administrative task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear experts,

I got following error in message:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.aii.af.service.administration.api.cpa.CPAChannelStoppedException: Channel stopped by administrative task.

Current state:

1. Communication channel where error appears is Active in Integration Directory.

2. CPACache full refresh, SLD Cachere fresh doesn't help.

3. Channel in RWB says that "Channel is running but has errors".

4. STOP/START of channel helps only till time when first message is comming, than again same error is comming up.

Any ideas how to make it running?

Marek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check if any Adapter Scheduling is done

regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I checked and there is no Availabitiy Time Planning setting in Communication Channel (RWB)..

If by Adapter Scheduling you mean something else, then write me please where it can be found.

Marek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

but generic solutions doesn't work for me.

I went through many different topics in the forum and in general and nothing helped.

And I do not think so that problem will disappear just like this..

Just for record, Integration Directory is at SP08.

Many messages are coming but they end up in status "Canceled with Errors"

Marek

Edited by: Marek Vinc on Feb 22, 2012 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

can you check whether channel has got locked in the following location.

Step1: http://host name:port/nwa

Step2: in the Availability and Performance Management , click LOCKS

Step3: you will find lot of locks over there and if you find a lock for your channel, please unlock.

usually this kind of issues happens to File and JDBC adapters...

Thank You,

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was not able log into NWA due to not enough permissions.

But problem was solved when I cleaned also SXI cache in backend..

Don't know what was real cause..

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Give us an idea about the interface you are working on . can you give us the entire log for the adapter

regards,

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@Greg: I tried Re-activate (InactiveActivate, ActiveActivate), but without success.

@Krishna: Simple RFC communication channel.

Before this error appeared there was another problem.. That's also only error in Adapter Log..

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: RfcAdapter: receiver channel has static errors: can not instantiate RfcPool caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.RfcAdapterException: error initializing RfcClientPool:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.repository.RfcRepositoryException: can not connect to destination system due to: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=******* GROUP=SPACE R3NAME=*** MSSERV=**** PCS=1 LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode ERROR partner '******' not reached TIME Sat Feb 11 20:37:49 201 RELEASE 710 COMPONENT NI (network interface) VERSION 39 RC -10 MODULE nixxi.cpp LINE 3147 DETAIL NiPConnect2: ***** SYSTEM CALL connect ERRNO 79 ERRNO TEXT A remote host refused an attempted connect operation. COUNTER 5

After basis has done additional configuration (some SAP Note), restart of communication channel was successful, but new error came.. Actual one..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the RFC connection sm59

" A remote host refused an attempted connect operation."

Might be a firewall issue too ..

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

that error was solved..

All RFC connections are working fine..

I am now curious what is that Administrative Task that stopped communication channel

Marek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u still get that error "CC stopped by administrative task " ?

Generic solution steps as mentioned by others too include,

1. Starting the channel with the error.

2. Making the channel Active ( though not direclty related to this error)

If the channel automatically goes to this state, some kind of automated/ manual service that stops the channel with errors / based on some random contion ..

One thing I can say for sure,

This error wont lurk around for long . Its just a matter of time.

Happy Fixing ,

Krishna

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marek,

Find a similar problem here:

http://darrylgriffiths.blogspot.com/2012/01/sap-pi-channel-stopped-by.html

The solution there was:

Simply editing the RFC communication channel in the Integration Directory and changing it to u201CInactiveu201D, saving and applying, then changing it back to u201CActiveu201D (on the Advanced tab), saving and activating.

This seemed to fix the problem.

Why don't you give it a try?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below thread

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=763886]

Also check this [http://help.sap.com/javadocs/pi/pi711sp03/index.html?com/sap/aii/af/service/administration/api/cpa/CPAChannelStoppedException.html]

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Edited by: Venkata Pagolu on Feb 22, 2012 2:38 PM