cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open shortcuts or upgrade the GUI (Citrix)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

In our Citrix environment (XenApp 4.5) we have recently encountered a problem when we try to open SAP shortcuts using SAP GUI 7.20 patch 1. I.e. we receive an email from the SAP system when new tasks exist in the SAP workflow. This email contains a SAP shortcut file that leads to the workflow inbox. When we try to open this shortcut we get the following error message:

---

Logon to SAP System failed.

The system description 'Production' cannot be found in the system list.

Make sure that saplogon.ini exists and choose an existing system description in the system list.

---

I also tried to create a shortcut directly in the SAP Logon pad, this also gave the error message above no matter what system I chose. So it seems that this is a general problem opening SAP shortcuts.

I activated the SAP Logon Trace which lead me to that the saplogon.ini file it is using is the one located in C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\SAP\Common. This is also the file it should use and the file looks perfectly fine and contains the system mentioned in the error message.

If we do the same on one of our local workstations with the same version of the SAP GUI the shortcut opens just fine.

Next problem:

I suggested that we upgraded the SAP GUI to the latest patch level - in this case patch 10 hotfix 2.

When the patch file is opened we get the following error message:

---

Your system does not fulfill the prerequisites for the chosen components.

This SAP Front-End Patch requires a base version of some components which are not present on this workstation. You have to update to a higher version of the product before you can apply this Patch.

---

ALL input/suggestions regarding these problems are welcome!!!

BR

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Do you have one,or multiple saplogon.ini files?

The shortcuts can only read from the first saplogon.ini file if more than one is present.

Can you create a message and paste the saplogon.ini file(s) into the message?

Can you also provide a list of components in the SAPGUI that were installed.

The logfiles from the sapsetup should provide these.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude

Yes we have two different saplogon.ini files on the server even though it is not intentional. The one that should be used is the one located in the folder I specified above. The other one is located in C:\Windows and remains from our old 6.40 installation. AFAIK the one in the user directory is selected before the one in the Windows directory?

Could this be causing the problems anyway?

I did some more troubleshooting and found out that the description for item 1 in the saplogon.ini file was empty. After I changed this I could create a shortcut in the SAP Logon Pad and execute it successfully.

However I still can not open the shortcut attached in the email i received from system. If I save the file first it opens fine. Something really weird occurs when it fails: First I get the error message from my first post ("Logon to SAP System failed..."). Then a window opens with the properties of the shortcut. This window has a drop down with system descriptions. All entries in this drop down does not match any of the saplogon.ini files!?

Any clues?

BR

Stefan

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

There is a very useful note I've attached here:

[170352 Sapshortcut: Saplogon.ini can not be found|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/170352]

Let me know if this helps.

Jude

Answers (0)