cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.7EEx1.10 to ECC6.0 upgrade and Unicode conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are going to initiate the upgrade from next month onwards. Subsequently i have started preparing the plan and strategy for the same.

As our current setup is 4.7EEx110/Win 2003 R2-64 bit/Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 (Non unicode). And we have recently migrated on to this setup from WIn2k 32 bit. Also the current hardware is Unicode compatible.

With respect to strategy for achieving this Upgrade and Unicode conversion, i am planning as follows.

Step 1) Perform Unicode conversion on the current landscape (Both Export/import on the same servers)

Step 2) Setup Temporary landscape as part of Dual maintenance strategy and migrate data from the current systems to temporary systems using backup/restore method.

Step 3) Perform the SAP version upgrade on the current landscape and setup transport routes from temporary to current landscape in order to keep it in sync

Step 4) after successful upgrade, decommission the temporary landscape

Please provide your suggestions and valuable advices if there is anything wrong with my strategy and execution plan.

Regards,

Dheeraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly please refer to note 551344 and 928729 regarding to perform an

upgrade in combination with a system conversion to Unicode.

928729 - Combined Upgrade & Unicode Conversion (CU&UC)

551344 - Unicode Conversion Documentation

Check whether these notes help you.

Regards,

Nirmal.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. As i have already referred these notes as i am seeking advise with respect to my upgrade approach.

However i have planned to perform in the following manner.

1) Refresh Sandbox with Prod data and perform Upgrade to ECC6.0 EHP5 & subsequently Unicode conversion on the same server (Since both export & Import has to perform on the same hardware as we have recently migrated on this hardware which is Unicode compatible)

2) Setup temporary landscape for DEv & QAs and establish transport connection to Production system in order to move urgent changes

3) Keep a track of the changes which have transported during upgrade phase so that the same can be implemented in the upgraded systems i.e. Dev & QAS

4) After Sandbox Migration and signoff, we will perform Dev & QAS upgrade & unicode conversion on the same hardware (Note: Since these are running on VMware can we export the data from the upgraded system and import on to a new VM?)

5) Plan for production cutover and Upgrade the Prod system to ECC6.0 Ehp5 and then Unicode conversion. As i am planning to perform upgrade over the weekend and then Unicode conversion activity in the next weekend (Is it a right way?)

My Production setup: DB on one Physical host and CI on separate Virtual host

6) After the stabilization phase, we are planning for OS & DB upgrade as follows:

a) Windows upgrade from 2003 R2 to Windows 2008 R2

b) Oracle Upgrade from 10.2 to 11.2

If anyone thinks that there is anything wrong with my above approach and need changes then please revert.

I have one more doubt as I am going to upgrade 4.7EEx110 (WAS 620, Basis SP64) to ECC6.0 EHp5.As I presume that I can straight away upgrade from the current version to ECC6.0 Ehp5 without installing EHP. Kindly confirm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello --- does anyone have a template for cutover plan - 4.7 - ECC6

Thanks