cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Project by copying template (Standard Project Strcuture)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

While Creating the project by copying the template (Standard Project Strucutre) System taking through the screen where predefine, Replace, Check, inculde etc. comes where I have to enter the replace the template id to new project id for all the WBS to go ahead for the next step, this is strange as I have check the same in IDES with same coding mask and template etc and it work absolutely fine..in ides system takes me directly to CJ20N screen where project is creating with new id inherited to all wbs element. I have checked everything I know so far ..Please share your experience and let me know if I am missing anything

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Kind Regards,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you have encountered is standard behaviour of the system? There is nothing to worry about. If you still feel that this is an issue you can compare the process you follow in the IDES system with the other system and check what are the things that cause this to happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I also understand this is standard behavior however I want user not to interact with this screen unnecessarily whatsoever and should see what already available in IDES in standard system, If they do any mistake in replace then I have to go for validation etc. So simply I need to understand the cause of the behaviour..Comparing standard code for ides and dev is very time consuming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are copying , we get two options 1. Check and 2. Include.

If you direcly select Include then check if it automatically replaces with WBS numbers.

Whereas for Check , we need to Fin and and replace.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the inetrest

I am doing exactly the same what you have mentioned. Still no clue why in dev it's behaving differently then ides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we click "Copy Project" we get that new screen where we key in all the details including the template information. In my system the green check is linked to ENTER and this takes me directly to project with the new number. The yellow triangle (F8) is taking me to the screen which you mentioned where in i get a list of WBS and i need do "Replace" to get the numbers. I am not a technical guy but i guess the hot key for those two indicators in the new screen is causing / deciding which screen you should get next. You can check out how these behaves in your system and prepare a user guide accordingly.

Regards

Sreekanth