cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Status Profiles as a blocking tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I need to understand whether we can use Status Profiles as blocking tool or not. And if yes what are the pros and cons as compared to other tools like Delivery blocks.

Thanks And Regards

Rahul Saroha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

As per my knowledge Delivery block will use Credit Management and also Status profile

Status profile : we can block through Sales Document type or Item category not for customer wise

Credit Management : It is based on the Customer payment

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Thanks for prompt anwer.

As per following link:

http://www.magnatraining.com/sap-status-profile/

i have understood the process. can you tell me where does this the data is imported in influence table. Is this data standard or according to the transactions we have made in a particular system.

Thanks and Regards

Rahul Saroha

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Are talking about the business Transactions ? if yes

By default SAP has given , we have use those transactions based on that we can control

If i am wrong correct me

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

Yes, I am talking about the business transactions. This means we have to select from the standard transactions by ourselves and then us them as status. Am i right?

Regards

Rahul Saroha

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Yes , based on the business transactions and it is linked to your status profile

once you assign the status profile to corresponding document types , it will control corresponding Transactions

Regards,

Prasanna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unlike System Status where you have standard TCode to change the status.

You don't have any standard TCode to change Object Status.

Provided you have enhancement to cater that.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Status profile is a tool that can be used as a release strategy for sales orders. You can configure different statuses to block different steps in the order processing flow. For example you can block create delivery, PGI, create billing document, etc. This is what you do under "Business transactions". Therefore you have control over which transaction to be blocked, etc.

You can use authorization objects to control who can release these events so that user can proceed with the sales order.

See below links on same,

[How to Release Sales Order |http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1620032]

[Release Strategy for Sales Orders - Status Profile |http://www.learnsaptips.com/2010/07/release-strategy-for-sales-orders_9478.html]

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupa,

How do we provide athorization in status profiles?

Thanks

Rahul Saroha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"How do we provide athorization in status profiles?"

When you configure your status profile with relevant statuses, you have a column called "Auth Code". This is where you assign your authorization code for each status. Ask your BASIS consultant to provide the relevant codes for you!

Look below what SAP "F1" help says;

"Whenever a user status is set or deleted, the user's authorization to do so is checked. The status profile, the object type and the authorization key for the user status concerned are checked.

If, for example, you want to ensure that certain user statuses can be changed only by people in a particular group, you assign all those user statuses an authorization key.

Then use authorization object B_USERSTAT to give authorizations for those authorization keys."

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your answers, last question, how can we use these status profiles in a Consumer packaged goods industry for companies like Unilever,P&G etc. Can anyone give me few examples or scenerios? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rahul

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Create Authorization Key through T-Code BU52

Assign the Authorization key to Status profile (BS02) Under Authorization Code

Ask your BASIS consultant create Role through T-Code PFCG

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasanna,

On using T-Code BU52 I am getting error that this T-Code does not exist. Are you sure that this a standard SAP T-code?

regards

Rahul Saroha

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Sorry it is BS52

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like in purchase orders release strategy (called exactly "Release strategy"); this is a release strategy for sales documents. Where ever you want to have a control over sales document flow for warehouse, for billing, you can use this functionality.

For example, let's say the sales manager wants to check and some data for all sales orders before it pass down to warehouse via the interface. You can use this functionality to block it. Since sales manger is the only person who can release this, authorization objects can be used.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

where does this status prfiles are stored? i mean to say which table. and How do we Allocate status profile to item categories??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status profile is stored in the below tables

TJ20 - Status profiles

TJ30 - User Status

Assigning it to item category is done in below iMG path;

Sales and Distribution / Sales / Sales Documents / Define And Assign Status Profile / Allocate status profile to item categories

Go in to your item category and assign the profile under field "Status Profile"

Best regards,

Anupa

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JSTO

- Status profile

|JEST|- Object status|

For sales order header.

VBAK-OBJNR

JSTO-OBJNR and fetch JSTO-STSMA (STATUS PROFILE)

Similarly for, item VBAP

In TCode VOV7, Item category, transaction flow section, maintain Status Profile.

Regards

JP