cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 EAM - Unable to assign Firefighter roles to owners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings SAP gurus,

I am currently on a new GRC 10 installation and having issues with the Emergency Access Management (EAM) component previously known as FireFighter or SPM. Note: We are trying to implement the Firefighter ''Role-Based" Approach.

Issue: We are unable to assign EAM roles to owners within NWBC. Click on 'Assign owners to Firefigher ID's and provision Firefighter ID's to firefighters' via the Access Management Tab within NWBC, option Superuser Assignment. Click on Assign. We are able to find the owners, but when I search for roles to assign, I get the error, 'No records found for the search criteria entered''.

We are on SP7.

Items completed:

1) All post installation tasks were completed correctly, i.e. BC sets activated, connector groups created and working.

2) EAM roles created on target system and imported via BRM.

3) EAM role properties edited for "Firefighting' usage in BRM, role owners defined, functional areas defined, business process and sub process areas defined.

4) Access control owners (i.e. role owners and controllers) defined.

5) The ID being used for configuration is currently assigned all GRC_NWBC roles available.

6) The connector groups are working fine and we are using for the Access risk Analysis component which is working fine.

7) The post EAM configuration steps has been completed.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? I look forward to your responses.

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prevlin,

Are you using a FF role owner for the assignment. This might be helpful:

[Note 1289579 - Firefighter Owner additional authorization for Role based FF|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1289579]

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes, we are using an Administrator account to assign the Firefighter role to the owner.

I've had a look at the note, but its related to Version 5.3 and not 10.

Thanks for your input.

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

Role status are set to "production"?? also you might want to check the last reply here: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2048834

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes sir, the role status's are set to 'Production".

I have looked at the thread and yes, all steps were followed, still no joy.

Rgds,

Prevlin Moodley