cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver and SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking at the possibility of using SNC to tie User Names to related Life Number within NetWeaver. I do see that within ECC there is a SNC option however I don't see anything that "Bites me in the nose" for the SNC option within NetWeaver IDM.

Has anybody used SNC within NetWeaver IDM or the SAP NetWeaver Administrator that can help me with this task? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks again!

Gordon Deppe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use SNC in ECC for user login to Citrix using gssntlm. We have implemented IDM and are using AD in the UME so our MSKEYVALUE is our AD username. In order to update the IDS with the correct AD info we run a PowerShell script that exports the specific user data from the containing OU's and imports that data via an IDM job from a CSV file to reconcile the data.

So I don't think you are barking up the wrong tree but it depends on how you do authentication into your systems. As you can see from my description above, we have configured all of the environments (ECC, NW portal, IDM, etc.) to use AD as the primary auth source.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

some questions:

- you've maintained the responsible profile parameters at your instance profile for each ABAP-Server you want to use SNC?

- you've provided the necessary dll file to all pcs? (don't know whether this is still necessary or not)

- the creation of the snc name for your users looks like this p:<userprincipalname> (e.g. p:aheinekamp(at)corp.com)

- normal login is still possible? so you have to enable the appropriate flag at the snc tab within SU01

Kind regards,

Achim Heinekamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

the toSAP / toSAPIdentity passes contain a field called SNCName which can be used for passing the SNCName to the ABAP system. I guess this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Martin