cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation not working from Installation Server

0 Kudos

Hi

I have the SAP Installation Server Administration Tool installed and it has been working fine for months. All of a sudden, installations of SAP GUI using a package created using this tool do not work any more for clients who are not members of local admins.

LSH is configured, and the account used for this is verified working (not locked, disabled).

I have a simple batch file that calls the package to be installed. A windows appears for a few minutes "NwSapSetup is establishing a connection to the isntallation service". Eventually this window is replaced with the following: "NwSapSetup was not able to grant you admin rights, eitehr because - service didnt respond, installation service couldnt be started, logon credentials for install service incorrect".

The local log file shows this:

16:49:12 NwSapSetup 1 Distribution server expected as hostname

16:49:12 NwSapSetup 1 Going to call pipe "
hostname\PIPE\_nw_sapfeids_is_pipe_" sending 192.168.131.65 /fs="
hostname\SAPClientDeployment720GUI\Setup" /cmdline='/package=CCI720 /noDlg echo 2 /elevated' /_upid=3636 /winsta="WinSta0" /desktop="Default" /event="Global\IS_NW_SAPSETUP_Sync_Event{85468EEC-7561-42A1-8044-D46B3E1A6E0D}"

16:55:19 NwSapSetup 1E Distribution service returned error message: ERROR SERVICEINSTALL_FAILED_

16:55:19 NwSapSetup 1E * LSH failed *

One thing to point out here is the IP address 192.168.131.65 - this is not one of my network's IP addresses, I have no idea where it comes from!

I have patched the install server and the SAP GUI to the latest versions, but this made no difference, still same error.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I am on version 9.0.1.15. I cannot open that link you posted, it returns "500 Dispatching Error

Error is logged with Tag: "

Hi Bob,

I tried what you suggested, I think it made a difference! It still doesn't work on one machine, but works fine on another now. The difference between these two machines is that one is a VM (SAP install doesn't work) and one is physical PC (works OK).

I've tested on a couple of other client machines and it appears to be be ok now.

I think this service issue needs to be investigated further by the devs!

Edited by: James Walton on Feb 22, 2012 9:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

GREAT! Someone besides me has reproduced this goofy quirk with the LSH.

Thanks for the follow up.

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Have you verified the LSH service is running on the server in 'Services' (Computer Management)?

If so ... stop it, wait about 10 seconds and then start it. (clicking the restart tool seems to not have the same effect, you must STOP then START).

Then try launching NwSapSetup.exe on a front end with no admin rights and see if it works.

We have to do this on occasion. I have not been able to track down why even though the service shows RUNNING in computer management, that it won't grant admin rights. This typically happens after Msft security updates are applied to the servers.

I've created a scheduled task that runs daily during off hours, and cycles through all our installation servers and stops the service and then 2 mins later goes back and restarts it. That has really reduced the instances of 'Can't grant admin rights' dialogs during SAPGui install.

SC
MGOSCCSSP3 STOP NwSapDistribSvc

SC
MGOSCCSSP3 START NwSapDistribSvc This runs 2 mins after the one to STOP.

One other thing ... on very slow links sometimes the admin dialog will pop ... but if you wait a minute you can see NwSapSetup.exe will appear with your LSH user id in Windows Taskmanager.

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

What is your installation server version?

The latest patch level is 9.0.1.15 from the sapsetup patch.

Refer to note [1587566 Installation problems with NwSapSetup Version 8.6|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1587566]

Regards,

Jude