cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI 850 Inbound Sales Order Creation Mapping Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to Post EDI 850 Document to create Sales Orders in SAP. Currently, we are working on finalizing the mapping Document with the all the required fields that will be sent by the Customer.

Now, the query that the EDI Contact has is whether the data will be mapped to the E2EDKXX segments or E1EDKxx segments. Could some one provide some clarification regarding this? Even I would like to understand whether the EDI Person will map the data into E2 Segments and then when the IDoc reaches SAP, the data will be mapped in to E1 Segments. How does it work?

Please provide clarifications.

Regards,

Phani Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Now, the query that the EDI Contact has is whether the data will be mapped to the E2EDKXX segments or E1EDKxx segments.

As I have seen, for Orders, the data should be in the E1EDKxx segment. However, this is a question for your SAP fucntional team to confirm what data are they expecting from third party.

>>EDI Person will map the data into E2 Segments and then when the IDoc reaches SAP, the data will be mapped in to E1 Segments.

This doesn't make much sense as the Order Idoc is standard one and moving data within segments shouldn't be required.

If you can't get clarifications from fucntionals, start with E1EDKxx. Also, check we60, we30 as mentioned to see what data should those segment have.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Point of view you should have some fair about of knowledge about SAP tables becuse first you have to identify which fields in SAP Tables going to store sales order data and based on that you have to identify relevant fields in IDoc.

use WE 60 transaction code and based on that check IDoc fields,take help from Functional team