cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Java Webservices provided by xRPM 4.0 in PPM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have developed some custom WD ABAP applications in PPM 4.5 which were using Java webservices provided by xRPM 4.0 to get the UI context.

The details are provided in the document

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000315412008E/How_to_xRPM_custom_iView.pdf

We have upgraded to PPM 5.0 and the custom webDynpro application is not able to fetch the UI context and get the portfolio GUID. I have verified that the RFC destination and Logical port required to call Java webservices is maintained as mentioned in the above document.

Are these SAP standard Java webservices available for use in PPM 5.0 ? Please let me know if we need to change the custom code to fetch the UI context in PPM 5.0

Thanks,

Yomesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yomesh,

As you may be aware, the whole architecture of SAP PPM 5.0 is changed. SAP PPM 5.0 application is totally on Netweaaver ABAP stack only.

I doubt that the webservices available in RPM 4.5 / 4.0 can be used in SAP PPM 5.0.

As per my understanding, you have to do the required custom development again to achieve your requirement.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for the confirmation. I am following SAP Note 0001399319 which mentions about how to develop for custom WD ABAP applications in PPM 5.0.

The example WDA component mentioned in the note is /RPM/CUSTOM_COMPONENT. I am developed a custom WD ABAP application in lines with the SAP note and still not able to get the GUID in the context.

The code written in WDDOINIT of these applications is as below,

• instantiate session state class

wd_this->mr_session_state = cl_inm_session_state=>get_instance( ).

• Obtain current context from session state.

CALL METHOD wd_this->mr_session_state->get_current_context

IMPORTING

es_context = wd_this->ms_context.

I am getting null in ms_context.

Please let me know if you have tried to implement an custom WDA application in PPM 5.0. Not sure what am I missing in the above scenario.

Thanks,

Yomesh

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Yomesh.

I do not have experience of implementing the custom UI in PPM 5.0.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yomesh,

u able to fix the issue? I am also facing the same issue in my custom WD ABAP application. Wrote the same code in WDDOINIT of component controller but getting the null in ms_context.

Can u pls reply if u got the solution?

Thanks,

Pavan.