cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-authorizing an expired credit card authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find out whether re-authorising an expired credit card authorisation taken at the point of an order being placed will duplicate the amount ring fenced on the customers card. The documentation I have seen suggests that the funds are released and a re-auth will not duplicate the amount. We have the scenario where the customers using CC are bad payers therefore at the point the web order is taken we would like to ring fence the money unfortunately the requested delivery date could 3 weeks away and VISA auths generally last for 7 days before expiring.

Any experience or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can maintain the authorisation validity periods in the customising to keep the authorisation for longer than 7 days (SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Payment Cards -> Authorization and Settlement -> Specify Authorization Validity Periods) but I think you might be referring to how long VISA will keep the authorisation for.

Perhaps your clearing house could provide you with more details on this.

Bear in mind that even if you request an authorisation in the sales order in 3 weeks time you can stop the delivery from being created if no valid credit card authorisation has been received. If no authorisation is received from the clearing house no goods will be delivered to the customer so there should be no problem.

Best regards,

Ian