cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter is not polling as scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have observed JDBC adapter is not polling database correctly. adapter is scheduled at every 1 second, but it is plooing for every 5 sec or 6 sec.

is there any way the issue can be fixed?

Thank You,

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Polling means a time distance between two separate calls. I think the adapter is polling as scheduled, and it takes these 4-5 seconds for PI to connect, perform the query and process results. So bear in mind that the polling time is the time frame between one message processing is ended and another PI's connection attempt.

Anyway - why do you poll the data so frequently? It must make a lots of unnecessary network load in your environment.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks for your reply, i have perfomed a testing with the other JDBC interface with plooing interval of 1 sec. it is also polling to same databse but other table.

JDBC is adapter is polling properly as expected. i have queried the databse from the TOAD and it is also taking more time to execute the query.

hence it is the problem with performance of Database on that table.

-Madhav

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This could be of various reasons. First stop and restart the communicaton channels and see whether that helps. Sometime due to memory issues after continous usage adapter responds very slowly. If that is the case and your scenario is async use the queue effectively. Take help from BASIS team. To analyse the performance of the database system, do the test outside PI using toad or some client tool.

Few cents: Analyse the query and see whether you can improve the performance by using keys and constraints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in my mind, the issue is your polling's choice of 1s !

so to have a real-time exchange whereas you use a polling method to reach a server with is not the PI server itself, and perhaps also not on the same network, by opening perhaps also the database connexion at each request in order to call a SQL request or a stored procedure...

I don't know your complete flow, but if you really need a 100% real time, maybe it should be better to trigger the sender JDBC adapter from outside when (and only when) the data is produced / changed in your database....

Anyway, personally, I never recommend to have a polling of 1s. 10s (and often only 60s) is enough is most of the cases... because after the polling you have the XML conversion, the PI mapping, the sending to ECC, the ECC treatment... all these steps take time, and so the interest of checking of every 1s is (in my mind) clearly reduced by all these steps.

(*) I'm sure if SAP will define a polling in milliseconds, some people would like to use a polling of 1ms, but that's a non-sens...

regards.

mickael

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your JDBC connection taking very long to clear once operation done,may be your target system performance also could be a problem.