Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT not working.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I tried to disable the scroll bar by setting the WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT value at the WD application parameter.

I refereed to this for the verification

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/73/142b2a79fb4884a4b4e87fa88f4115/content.htm]

I tried with 0,1,2,3 , But None of the combinations did not work and i could not find out which one did i miss...

Help Needed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT alone won't necessarily get rid of a scroll bar. Can you please describe your entire situation and what exactly you are trying to acomplish.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

my requirement is to disable the scroll bar of the IE when the webdynpro application is launched. I have more than 9 views in my component and this should be applicable irrespective of all the views.

By default webdynpro does have the vertical & horizontal scroll bars to the IE . but i need to disable it as i do not want the window to be scrolled .

i was trying with setting the WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT to 1,2,3 at the WD application attributes , but still i was not able to achieve what i need.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So what to do you want to happen when the content is larger than the browser window if you don't want scroll bars? Do you want to design scrolling within your content? First of all WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT isn't going to do this for you. If you are on 7.02 and higher you can setup content scroll if you design your surrounding containers all with 100% height. We do this with the FPM design now. The headers and footers are anchored to the top and bottom of the browser and you can scroll within the inner content. Is this the design you are looking for?

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas ,

To be specfic , I need to lock the vertical scrollbars of the IE . I do not want it to be displayed in the browser and it is okay to have the scrollbar for the containers.

Is there any methods to achieve this ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Only the method which I described, which only works as of 7.02 and higher. What release level are you on?

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using SAP ECC 6.0 release 702.

Could you tell me how to use the method to disable the scroll bars ?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Then you can do as I described. If you set 100% height on all surrounding containers and then set scrolling on the inner container you want to house your scrollable content, you will get rid of the browser scroll bars and have a content scrollbar instead.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

I set the height for the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER to 100% and all the containers in root node to 100% .

I do have a scroll bar attached to my ALV table. So i did not touch that.

Also i set the WDSUPPORTFULLHEIGHT in the application attributes in various combinations.Still i cant achieve it. I think i am missing something very small .

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need a container (generally TransparentContainer) around your content which you want to scroll with to be set the property ScrollingMode to Auto. Be sure the Height on all surrounding containers is 100% and that you use stretchedVertically if you use the Matrix layout.

From the WDA Best Practices TechEd Presentation:

To develop your own Web Dynpro ABAP applications that are to contain UI elements with a height of 100% adhere to the following practical rules for ALL views, layouts and container-type UI elements that contain a UI element with a height of 100%

1. Only use layouts of the type MatrixLayout or GridLayout. Here, set the property stretchedVertically to true.

2. height of container-type UI elements must be set to 100%. This applies especially to the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER.

3. vAlign of all instances of GridData and Matrix(Head)Data must be set to top.

4. height of all instances of GridData and Matrix(Head)Data must be set to 100%.

5. Further adjustments need to be made if a WD ABAP application is embedded in a SAP NetWeaver Portal. Set iView Height Type = FULL_PAGE. In special cases Web Dynpro ABAP Application Parameter WDUSPPORTSFULLHEIGHT needs to be set to 2.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reason for you to disable the scroll bar?? Is it because using the scroll bar is triggering an event or something???

Regards