cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

source of supply determination for external requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with SRM 7.0, SP11. in Define sourcing for product categories, we have set the indicator to 'sourcing never carried out'. Using BAdI (BBP_SRC_DETERMINE) we check if the SC transacion type is EXTR and set the sourcing indicator to 'X'.

I understand if the unique source of supply is available for external requirement, it should get automatically converted to PO. In our case SoS is contract. This contract is picked as SoS in sourcing, but the external requirement remains in the sourcing cockpit and does not get automatically converted to PO.

Pls suggest, what could be the problem.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

in your BAdI implementation of BBP_SRC_DETERMINE, aside from checking the transaction type = 'EXTR', you need to add condition that if there's a contract then you should clear SOURCING field.

see below code:

DATA: ls_item TYPE bbp_pds_sc_item_d.

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PD_SC_ITEM_GETDETAIL'

EXPORTING

i_guid = item_bbp_guid

IMPORTING

e_item = ls_item.

IF ls_item-ctr_hdr_number IS INITIAL.

sourcing = 'X'.

ELSE.

CLEAR sourcing.

ENDIF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I appreciate your replies. Yogesh's reply mentions a SAP note stating this feature is changed from SRM 7.0 SP06, though I got a different reply on SAP OSS message to check my BAdI coding.

However, my issue got resolved with a change in coding. Instead of putting a condition of transaction type EXTR, I put a condition on SHC and it worked to my surpise.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ,

I think yuo have to clear the sourcing indicator.

Thanks

Iftekhar Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iftekhar,

Thanks for the response. Sourcing indicator is must as we need to process the external requirements without unique source of supply in sourcing cockpit and local SCs need to be routed to purchasers for completion.

FYI, this scenario was working fine before but not tested for last few months. In between we have implemented many notes and also upgraded our SP level from SP07 to SP11.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Your answer lies in the above statement that you upgraded SP level. You might have also seen OSS notes from SAP in this regard, SAP Note 1379914 - External Req.: A unique Source of Supply is assigned.

Due to this note by SAP, now its not possible for system to assign contract as SoS.

You need not use BADI also, since without using the BADI also you can get your external requirements in SOCO. Let us know what are you using for "Define sourcing for product categories". It should be "Sourcing is carried out for items without a source of supply" this will help your all requirements to come to SOCO to purchaser for completion.