cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion Charts in webdynpro FlashIsland.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used fusion charts in flex appliction. When trying to this SWF file using webdynpro FlashIsland , it not showing fusion chart.

can i use fusion charts in webdynpro FlashIsland.

Regards,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I used fusion charts in flex appliction. When trying to this SWF file using webdynpro FlashIsland , it not showing fusion chart.

> can i use fusion charts in webdynpro FlashIsland.

>

> Regards,

> Anand.

Out of the box, no. Any 3rd party Flex Control would have to be wrapped in your own component which contains the FlashIslands library in order to support data communications. Did you wrap the FusionCharts controls in your own Flex Component? If so what happens when you test this component standalone and not in Web Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks you for responce.

I wrapped third party component(Fusionchatrs.swc) in to my apllication. I am using satic data to diaplay various fusion charts based on dropdown selection. When i open swf file, it showing charts. But when i am runnning it using webdynpro FlashIsland

it showing " no data to diplay" message in place of charts.

Regards,

Anand

Edited by: Anand_vis on Feb 22, 2012 8:50 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

When you say you wrapped the third party component into your own application - do you mean an application for testing or are you creating your own FlashIsland component that uses this 3rd party control? Do you have the SAP Islands library included in your component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We developed Webdynpro Flashisland application using flash. We are reading data and sending data back successfully. But we want show our data in charts. Instead of flex charts we want to use Fusion charts. when we are displaying data using flex charts.

But using fusion charts giving error. For testing i created one test flashisland application with

flex charts and fusion chrts. Flex charts are displaying, fusion charts giving error " No data to display' in place of charts.

i used following comopents in my test application.

FusionCharts.swc.

WDIslandLibrary30

WDIslandLibrary30-debug

Fusion charts(MSChart3D.swf,Pie3D.swf...etc).

Regards,

Anand.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm afraid I can't offer much additional help. If Flex charts work, then the Islands interface would seem to be correct. We can't offer any information on 3rd party controls, although I know of no techincal reasons why 3rd party controls would not work in Islands. They shouldn't know/care that the Flex Control is running in an Island. We have developments within SAP which use 3rd party controls from IBM and Nakisa without any special handling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you tell the steps to create FlashIsland application for fusion charts. I need a help. I need to show simple one bar chart with

some static data( no need to come from backend).

These are the my steps:

1) created new flex application (chart.mxml).

2) copied FusionChart.swc file into lib folder.(Downloaded trail version from flex site).

3) Uploaded WDIslandLibrary30 ,WDIslandLibrary30-debug in to flex application .

4)Created some chartdata collection array with some values.

4) drageed the component into flex appliction and setted attributes.

5) builded it and uploded into Flashisland appliction.

6) Running appliction application .

But it showing blank page.

Regards,

Anand.

Edited by: Anand_vis on Feb 24, 2012 8:35 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I really can't comment on the specifics of a 3rd party library. The general steps for Islands integration is well documented here on SDN. Your approach sounds correct.

Answers (0)