cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost elements on PM work orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement from our end users to see planned and unplanned costs from PM work orders on the GL account reports.

I have been investigating a few ways to do this, but have not succeeded.

I hope someone can assist me with this. Is it possible to have more than 1 cost element for material on a work order?

So if we do a reservation on a PM order, it currently goes to a specific GL that is defined in SPRO.

Can this have a option of choosing another GL?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you

Emanuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

HI,

It is possible to view Planned & actual cost report in work orderitself. As you can not view these reports in GL reports. GL report will show you the actual consumption or Actual cost incurred on work order.

Yatharth,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yatharth,

I have shown this to the Finance analysts. They say they want to see from a GL or Profit centre report, which is for planned and unplanned costs. Also they want to see the areas it is for.

The only thing i can think of now is to create a custom report??.

Do you have any other ideas?

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Emanuel,

Do you post planned as well as unplanned costs to a single Order/Order type or do you differentiate Planned / Unplanned Order Types, as it is in the standard?

Would that be an option to your client to use the report KOB1 for orders with dynamic selection variants defined in OKOV for planned/unplanned orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of putting single cost element use cost element group and assign that group to your allocation structure. Your material may have different GL account based on the GL it will pick up the cost element.

group the possible posting GL in single cost element group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sathish,

I'm a bit confused! I checked the allocation structure, but dont know where to put the group.

I also checked the Value catergories, where you can assign cost elements. I dont know if this is where you meant?

If i add the group in this Value catergories, nothing different on the work order happens regarding material. I t still goes to the same cost element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For single material we can not give two GL accounts but if you post multiple materials with multiple GL that we can group and we can display in material head at cost tab in maintenance order. If my understanding is right, create cost element group and assign in value categories which is created for material. The GL account which is assigned in OBYC should be assigned in cost element group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

cost elements are picked based on valuation class maintained in the material master.

you need to change the valuation class to get other cost elements.check with FICO in the transaction code OBYC

Regards

Seenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seenu,

Thank you for this! I have checked OBYC. If i change the GL there, it changes on my order. I cannot however add another line with another GL account? Maybe it is something i am doing incorrectly!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible.