cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIX command for Master-Slave synchronization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have searched in forums as well as blog about the CLIX command used for Master-Slave synchronization. I am littler bit confused.

The Sync command says CLIX repSynchronize MdsHostSpec slaveRepositorySpec Credentials

MdsHostSpec = MDMHostName : MDMPassword

slaveRepositorySpec = SlaverepositoryName : DBMSHostName : DBMSType :DBMSUser : DBMSPassword

In my case let say

MDMHOSTname = 127.65.50.99

MDMPassword = initial

SlaverepositoryName = Slave

DBMSHostName = scx

DBMSType = DB2

DBMSUser = Admin

DBMSPassword = welcome

Then the command which i need to execute is

CLIX repSynchronize 127.65.50.99:initial Slave:scx: DB2:Admin:welcome

Is my understnding is correct, because its not working for me ..Looking for the suggestion's.

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi raj,

You have to give Slave repository credentials

'Admin' is the default username to access all repositories,

try this:

CLIX repSynchronize 127.65.50.99:initial Slave:scx:D:Admin:welcome Admin

or

CLIX repSynchronize 127.65.50.99:initial Slave:scx:D:Admin:welcome Admin:sapmdm

Master repository doesn't have any idea about its slaves, so it can't syncronize.

Slaves have to syncronize with master. So if you move master repository to different servers, it will permenently diconnect from slave. For this reason, you can freely move slave repositories to different servers, but moving a master repository is not recommended. Once you move a master repository, its slave repositories can no longer synchronize to it.

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham/Experts,

I have read the below content in the blog about scheduling the .Bat file .

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/AutomaticBackupofMDMRepository%28UsingMDMCLIXinWindowsOS%29.

I have few doubts about scheduling the batch job.

1. We are having Linux Operating system. Kindly tell me about scheduling the batch job in the Linux.

Thanks in Advance.

Raj

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish to know about scheduling the batch job with .Bat file in the linux os level.

Regards

Raj

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Write a script with the command for backup or synchronize and schedule this script in crontab

Below links maybe helpful

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/06/15-practical-crontab-examples/

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/07/cron-every-5-minutes/

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

I have already written the Clix command in text file and saved as a .BAT file.

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP MDM 7.1\CLIX

CLIX repSynchronize serverxxx Repository_slave:SYS_ID:D:db2:password Rep:password

With that could you please tell me , how to schedule it in linux OS level .

Looking for the detailed set of procedures.

Regards

Raj

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am not sure about the exact steps in Linux, it is done at OS level. However you can try with the links I have provided.

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

I need little clarification not sure about this following scenario.

If we are having linux as OS level and We scheduling the synchrinization job using windows scheduler, Will the master/slave

synchronization .

Kindly advice.

Regards

Raj

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I never came across this scenario, also I didn't understand how windows scheduler came into linux. Your basis guy knows better about this. Hit and try, it may work. Please let me know your findings

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like you didnt give the repository credentials, the repository username and password, separated by a colon.

try this:

CLIX repSynchronize 127.65.50.99:initial Slave:scx:D:Admin:welcome <repository username>:<repository password>

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like you didnt give the repository credentials, the repository username and password, separated by a colon.

try this:

CLIX repSynchronize 127.65.50.99:initial Slave:scx:D:Admin:welcome <repository username>:<repository password>

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like you didnt give the Credentials, the repository username and password, separated by a colon.

try this:

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gowtham,

Thanks for your reply.

You mean the repository is Master repositoy and the respective user and password , which i need to give in addition.

If this is correct , I tried that also but still its not working. Kindly advice.

Regards

Raj

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like you didnt give the Credentials, the repository username and password, separated by a colon.

try this:

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If DBMS Type is DB2 then you should write D instead of DB2 , I if (DB2 on i5/OS), or Z (DB2 on z/OS).

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

I have tried by putting D ..but its not working. Kindly do the needful.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

As mentioned by Gautam please try providing the credentials.

also please check if your repsitory name is having a space in between.i.e if your repository name is For eg. "Slave Repository"

then your entire slaveRepositorySpec should be placed in quotes.

Note: If Slave repository is shared with other MDM server then it cannot be synchronised.

Regards,

Neethu Joy