cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BR archive issue in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running with some issues in Brarchive backup in SAP - D,Q and P.

The backup is starting on time as per schedule using backint utility and backint is also exiting in time. but the Brarchive session is remaining open for more than 4 hrs. and it is keep writing the backup logs to archSID.log

I am not sure is this issue is with backint , or backup software or brtools. Please help me on this.

SAP 4.7 and oracle 10g and BRTools version:- BR0651I BRTOOLS 7.00 (52)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this issue resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A Brtrace would be ideal here so we can see where the time is being held. I would advise to run BR_TRACE level 15 as per oss note #29321. The trace is colllected in the Brarchive logfile.

Regards

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue resolved after upgrading the BR tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What the value of the environment variable BR_OSC for ora<SID> ?

Probably you can try updating the BRTools.

Run Oracle system statistics and dictionary statistics.

Br,

Venky

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you see any error notification in the archive backup logs.

Also let me know if it is happening for brbackup.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Edited by: Venkata Pagolu on Feb 21, 2012 4:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

... backint is also exiting in time. but the Brarchive session is remaining open ...

Does this mean that your backint process has ended, whereas brarchive still is running? What makes you think so?

For more detailed questions it might help if you could tell us a bit about your operating system.

Then you are talking about backint. This probably means you are using an external backup tool. Which one by the way?

But anyway, this external backup tool should write log files of its own. Have a look there!

hope this helps