cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW 3.5 upgrade to BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert :

We also have a plan to updrade BW 3.5 to BW 7.3. I have following questions need you kindly sharing your experience.

We will plan to perform Technical upgrade from BW 3.5 to BW 7.3, After that we will migrate BW 3.5 Object to BW 7.3 native mode.

Thanks !!

1. If we do Technical upgarde from BW 3.5 to BW 7.3 first , after that we will migrate BW 3.X object to BW 7.3 Native mode. For data extraction, Can we keep original Delta extract process? or we will loss delta status and need to do initial extract again for delta datasource.

2. For data load performance, dose it will improve that if we migrate to 7.3 Mode or It didn't have big improve for BW 3.x mode and BW 7.3 native mode?

3. For Query report performance, dose it will improve that if we migrate to 7.3 Mode or keep in 3.x mode?

4. Our BW system have a lot of data, dose it will impact the tecn upgrade time? Data volumn will impace system tech upgrade time or not? We need to estimate system down time for tech upgrade.

5. For BW 7.3 authorization, It is total difference with Bw 3.5. After Technical upgrade, what do we need to change for authorization? Do you have any document for me to reference ?

Need your kindly input and Thanks first.

Lawrence Kuo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 4. Our BW system have a lot of data, dose it will impact the tecn upgrade time? Data volumn will impace system tech upgrade time or not? We need to estimate system down time for tech upgrade.

Database size does not have impact on upgrade runtime.

> 5. For BW 7.3 authorization, It is total difference with Bw 3.5. After Technical upgrade, what do we need to change for authorization? Do you have any document for me to reference ?

>

You need to run SU24 after the upgrade, there you will get list of all objects effected because of upgrade. Since there are lot of changes from authorization side then you have the option either to change only effected objects or do security upgrade project where you can revamp all roles and authorizations.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunny:

Very thanks for your response, for Authorization updrade, Do your have any document for me to refer?

5. For BW 7.3 authorization, It is total difference with Bw 3.5. After Technical upgrade, what do we need to change for authorization? Do you have any document for me to reference ?

>

You need to run SU24 after the upgrade, there you will get list of all objects effected because of upgrade. Since there are lot of changes from authorization side then you have the option either to change only effected objects or do security upgrade project where you can revamp all roles and authorizations.

Thanks

Lawrence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Do you have any reference document regarding authorizations after the upgrade?

Thanks & Regards,

Ashmeel.

Answers (0)