cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we redistribute SAP document materials through the web?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it legal to redistribute SAP document materials through the web?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

angel_lafchiev
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

STLport is a library providing data structures (such as hash tables, etc) and the respective operations with them.

So this is a free library that you can use in your product for optimization.

Regards,

Angel

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

SAP has a copyright on all documents, no doubt about this.

But some parts are freely available (e.g. via help.sap.com). Of course it's possible to set links to this site and it's content.

Also a print copy can't be a problem - which can be given to others (customers for training?), too.

Material, which can only be accessed with a user (e.g. OSS user) can have more restrictions. But as long as you are working with links, no problem should occur.

And last but not least: SAP course is not to be distributed.

I hope I could help you.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for replying. Just curious on this thing though, I have few SAP documents in .pdf format stating the following: (Can someone clarfy and help me about this? Thanks!)

<b>Terms for Included Open Source Software</b>

This SAP software contains also the third party open source software products listed below. Please note that for these third party products the following special terms and conditions shall apply.

SAP License Agreement for STLport

SAP License Agreement for STLport

between

SAP Aktiengesellschaft

Systems, Applications, Products in Data Processing

Neurottstrasse 16

69190 Walldorf

Germany

( hereinafter: SAP )

and

you

( hereinafter: Customer )

1. Subject Matter of the Agreement

a. SAP grants Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the STLport.org C++ library (STLport) and its documentation without fee.

b. By downloading, using, or copying STLport or any portion thereof Customer agrees to abide by the intellectual property laws, and to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

<b>c. The Customer may distribute binaries compiled with STLport (whether original or modified) without any royalties or restrictions.</b>

d. Customer shall maintain the following copyright and permission notices on STLport sources and its documentation unchanged: Copyright 2001 SAP AG

e. The Customer may distribute original or modified STLport sources, provided that:

• The conditions indicated in the above permission notice are met;

• The following copyright notices are retained when present, and conditions provided in accompanying permission notices are met:

Copyright 1994 Hewlett-Packard Company

Copyright 1996,97 Silicon Graphics Computer Systems, Inc.

Copyright 1997 Moscow Center for SPARC Technology.

Copyright 1999,2000 Boris Fomitchev

Copyright 2001 SAP AG

Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. Hewlett-Packard Company makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. Silicon Graphics makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. Moscow Center for SPARC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continued...

Technology makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.

Boris Fomitchev makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. This material is provided "as is", with absolutely no warranty expressed or implied. Any use is at your own risk. Permission to use or copy this software for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided the above notices are retained on all copies. Permission to modify the code and to distribute modified code is granted, provided the above notices are retained, and a notice that the code was modified is included with the above copyright notice.

<b>Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. SAP makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided with a limited warranty and liability as set forth in the License Agreement distributed with this copy. SAP offers this liability and warranty obligations only towards its customers and only referring to its modifications.</b>

Does this allows me to redistribute this document because my understanding on this is yes.

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not a lawyer, so it's just a comment (and most of us in this community are not working for SAP):

Yes, you can distribute the documentation. As long as the STLport docu is concerned, a single 'Copyright 2001 SAP AG' seems to be enough, but to be sure the complete list would be better. Also 'this permission notice' should be include, I guess that is the posted document.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for answering. May I know what it means by STLport?

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know - it's just a citate from your (highlighted!) post:

c. The Customer may distribute binaries compiled with STLport (whether original or modified) without any royalties or restrictions.