cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Administration in GRC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two issues in GRC AC 10, for which I couldn't find an answer here. Help me if you have encountered the same and solved it.

1. When we search the request, we are not able to see the approver there with whom request is pending.

2. When we go to Access Request Administration, there we can't find where the request is pending, we are not able to approve any request with admin rights.

Regards,

Sabita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

a) There is no option of approver details available in search request for the request

b) We also faced the same issue - but after check the settings of Approval by e-mail; reject etc in Modify Task Settings [in Maintain Paths] - SUBMIT button appeared and we could able to approve the request. Same with ERM requests as well

Regards,

Srihari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Check a few things as we experienced this issue during our Development tests recently at a client.

1) Check that the Approver of the request has the correct GRC R/3 Role assigned. Also check that the roles have a owner assigned and that you have an escape route set up etc.

2) Has the MSMP workflow changed? We found that when for some reason it had not generated the version correctly, we had such errors.

3) Has there been a change to the initiators/BRF+ rules (if any used)? This sometimes does make a strange impact on the workflow from performing properly.

4) Once all this is checked, it might be worth re-creating the same request and trying to approve it again. We found that once we re-activated the workflows and ensured the custom BRF+ rules were re-checked and re-activated, we didnt seem to encounter that problem again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks for your quick replies. We are able to submit the request, but we are unable to find where the approval is pending, with which User ID.

Also, in AC 5.3 version ,there was option to approve a request with admin rights, we don't see the option here. is there any configuration missing or this option is not available in AC10?

I will check your suggestions if thta works for us.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabita, please see my replies below.

We are able to submit the request, but we are unable to find where the approval is pending, with which User ID

Seach the request by the number, select the request and click on instance status. This will show the request pending at which stage number and description. Below on the same screen you can see the approver of selected path. (From here you can know the the approver id where request is pending).

in AC 5.3 version ,there was option to approve a request with admin rights, we don't see the option here. is there any configuration missing or this option is not available in AC10?

When you search the request, there is a tab on the same screen, Administration. Click on it and select the path, it will open the request as Administrator. Here you can do any admiin task of cancelling, forward, submit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

For point 1, we can see the stage but not the approver. May be there is something wrong in approver settings. But how did the request get submitted when there was no approver? It should have thrown error - "No approver found".

For point 2, we have checked that option, it show the request, but not the option of cancel, approve or submit. It has only "other Actions" as the option and it has only 'return' which promts to return at any stage.

Can someone tell what is missing, as I can't find admin options in the request.

Regards,

Sabita

Edited by: Sabita Das on Feb 23, 2012 1:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in modify task setting this can be done.

please check options you can forward as well.

I dont think we can approve as admin ,since did not try it.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sabita,

Have you tried re-saving and re-activating the MSMP workflow to a new version?

Also, it is worth double checking the Stage and Task settings and ensuring the correct Agent is assigned etc.