cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL02N Change Delivery blocked - Sales Order is currently being processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a problem with only 2 deliveries. We try to reverse goods movement in VL09, and the error Text Text * ID * language not found. Text Determination is ruled out because the rest of the deliveries can be reversed without this error.

Here are some more findings:

- When we tried to change the Delivery, error will show 'Sales Order XXX is currently being processed by user'. This is odd because it doesnt say the user name.

- Sales Document Flow is correct, but when I checked VBFA (table for Document Flow), no entry for Sales Order as preceding document for the delivery, In fact, Sales Order cannot be found as preceding document.

- When I checked LIPS, the Update Indicator for Delivery Document Flow is blank. Requirement Type and Planning Type also blank.

- We were able to delete Sales Order even if Delivery is not yet complete. Document flow was then changed where the preceding document of the delivery is a billing document.

It's getting weirder as it goes, any idea is really welcome. Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you tried to change the delivery you are getting Sales order processed by some user..Check any lock entries SM04 or SM12.

Currently are you able to see document flow Sales order -Delivery-Billing document ?

If the delivery document is open and still are you able to delete the sales order ?.Then it seems some tables the follow on document status is not updated .

Delete the open delivery then delete sales order system should work are you able to see different than this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you very much for your answer, that is certainly the case. Some tables werent updated with the preceding document.

These tables/fields are:

VBFA - Sales Ord missing as preceding document

LIPS - VGTYP field (indicator of what type is the preceding document) is blank, as well as many other indicator fields. Actually, what were filled was just the preceding document number and item number in LIPS.

Additional detail is that we can see the SO in the Document flow of the delivery, but under the delivery item's Preceding Documents tab, it will say that there's no preceding document.

However, the delivery is already GI'd (hence we want to reverse it), and we cannot reverse because of this problem.I found an OSS note that will force update the VBFA table, but still doesnt work, until I added some codes that will also force update the value LIPS-VGTYP = 'C'. However, I dont want to do this because this is a force update...

Any advice will be a great help. Thanks.

Joyreen

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My first question is initially the filed is updated Preceding Documents tab field and you are able to do PGI.Now you are able to see

the Field is blank.Is some thing relalted to archiving or anyone touch the tables manually ?.Are you able to see this is only one document or many documents like this in your system ?.

If some thing progarm error then i would recomend to write a OSS note to SAP,They will correct the document flow in table level and they will let you know waht went wrong.

You can do force update but my advice is raise one OSS note to SAP and If SAP suggests to force update then you can do force update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you for your reply. We have now raised an OSS note to SAP for this.

I think that the problem is the database level. I dont know what happened, probably the copy control was not configured properly at the time of the creation... But when I checked the log changes, they were correct at that time.

Yes, they were able to do PGI, but I cannot also check if the database was updated to say that there is no preceding document at the time of the PGI. But just that we cannot just delete the delivery because we have already done the PGI.

Anyway, we already raised OSS and we're waiting for their reply. Thanks so much for your help.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All the best !! .Once SAP replay please update in forum so that it will help others.