Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Assessment in SAP MDM

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone tell how data assessment process will be done in SAP MDM. Is there any tool required for it. If yes, Please tell the tool which SAP recommends.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are no tools as such for assessment, for reference you may refer the following document.

[Document 1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c08a2fc5-b677-2d10-82b9-c9b4efa3d364?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

The general questions to be considered are the total Number of records, number of masters, no of ERP systems to be considered, is consolidation part, whether CMDM or harmonization part of the implementation.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply and for sharing that document.

But, I found some tools for data assessment/data profiling for making quality data like Data Insight,Talend etc.

I am not getting out of these several tools which one is Recommended by SAP

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Can you elaborate more on the requirement for data assessment tool.

As MDM itself do Data profiling and assesment ,why do you need a tool for it.

KIndly revert back.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek, BO Information Steward is brand new tool for data profiling and data quality purpose, Let me know if you are looking for something specific goal or learning

thx

deep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos
former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Thanks for replying

Actually there is some requirement to make Reports on the quality of present master data

As you mentioned sap mdm will do data assessment and data profiling task. Please could you explain how sap mdm do the task ?

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Tools which you mentioned is correct. But i have some doubts regarding this.

1. Like if suppose some organization wants only data profiling or assessment tool with mdm why will they go for SAP Business objects data

services (BODS). As this data insight tool comes under BODS itself. So they need to purchase BODS for doing data profiling and assessment.

2. And before SAP Acquires Business Objects there must be a tool there through which data profiling and assessment done. So what is that

tool that SAP had or it recommends apart from this you mentioned.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Please go through the document to see capbilities of MDM.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ccde9f-0169-2a10-e5a5-99392d695...

If you want to report on quality of Data.You can integrate it with BI system.

You can also integrate it wilh BO DS for Data enrichment .

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prateek,

To clarify your doubt I would say SAP BODS is specifically for data integrity and data quality purpose along with many data enrichment capablities ( adderess enrichment, validations etc..). By using one component called CMC (central management console ) which is admin activities component for SAP BOBJ DS you can handle/ activate the stuff for BOBJ Information Steward as well. You may need to check from your SAP representative for seperate lincencing for it.

So BOBJ IS is for data discovery purpose primararily.

I hope below blog can clarify most of the things for you

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/28105

thx

deep

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak for the reply.

I wanted to know apart from Data Insight and Information Steward. Is there any other tool for data profiling/data assessment which was recommended by SAP. like before business objects there must be some data profiling tools which was used with SAP MDM

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I wanted to know apart from Data Insight and Information Steward. Is there any other tool for data profiling/data assessment which was recommended by SAP. like before business objects there must be some data profiling tools which was used with SAP MDM

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember there was a scenario of SAP MDM along with enrichment controller for data enrichment purpose earlier. Now understand one thing as under SAP EIM portfolio SAP BOBJ DS is coming so all the technology , tools and procedures are part of it. most of the tools and technologies are having very good integration with each other.

thx

deep