cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EDI INVOICE OUTBOUND 810

0 Kudos

hey Guys, One of our customers has opted to receive invoices via EDI. We were trying to configure the process. We talk to Partner system thru Gentran.

1. Can we directly configure system such that GENTRAN doesn't have to do any mapping work and we use it as just a FTP machine??

2. As far as I understand, we can just create IDOC type INVOIC out of the system and Gentran should then create the EDI X10 format.

Will appreciate any help.

Luke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If gentran going to take care about EDI document conversion then ask Gentran guy to genarate XML for EDI document and place it in FTP, using File chanel in PI you can pick up the message and update in to SAP as a Invoice.

or

You can avound Gnetran and use EDI adapter like see burger .

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Raj,

Gentran is the way to go so no discussion around it. we use it for other stuff and it is unlikely we will use anything else.

Now question is:

1. I create an Invoice IDOC which I need to send to my customer. What steps do I need to do to ensure that it is EDI 810 X10 format??

a. Should i create an ABAP program to read this IDOC and create an EDI Compliant file?

b. Should I do this in a user-Exit for EDI_PROCESSING form routin?

c. I don't go the IDOC route and create an EDI X10 compliant file using an ABAP Program from Billing tables?

OR

Just put the IDOC out there and ask my GENTRAN Guy to figure out what needs to be done.

Any help towards what needs to be done will be helpful.

luke

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

If you dont have Process Integration in your landscape then you have two options mentioned by you.

Give INVOIC IDoc as a input to the Gnetran, then Gentran wilconvert it in to Customer understandable format(EDI 810) will send it to CUstomer. GENTRAN pusrpose is to handle EDI conversions and EDI integrations.

If you are not ready to use GENTRAN then you have to build ABAP program to genarate output in the form of EDI 810.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks again for a very quick reply.

I know it is too much to ask but I thougt I should give it a try: Is there an ABAP code readily available (in this forum or any other public forum) which I could use to generate EDI 810 format Invoice.

Luke

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think any prededined program available .

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Is there an ABAP code readily available (in this forum or any other public forum) which I could use to generate EDI 810 format Invoice.

I don't think so.

@Raj If you are not ready to use GENTRAN then you have to build ABAP program to genarate output in the form of EDI 810.

This won't be a good idea. By this, you are talking about generating an enitre EDI subsystem capability which would be validating the EDI document and creating it from scratch after mapping data from Idocs.

It would be better to get this done in some EDI subsystem (Gentrran in your case) or PI. If you use PI and don't want to invest on third party adapters like Seeburger, you may simply use the free EDI XML to EDI converter modules. The mapping from Idoc to EDI xml should be then dine in PI.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Answers (0)