Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translations

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,.

We have a custom adobe interactive form in the system, now its using for US and Canada, fine.

Now, business want to have it for Spanish, French.

Pls. let me know the options,

1) Do i need to go for translations via SE63?

2) if so, its same as SMARTFORMS translations?

3) or they TRANSPORTABLE or do we need to maintain in each environemnet?

4) or do i need to create a brand new interactive form for Spanish and French as well?

5) Any other recommendations / tips?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain a custom DDIC table with the following fields in it -

Field Id

Language Key - SPRAS

Form Name

Field Text

Lets imagine you want to have the captions of the field show up in French when the user logs in in FR.

For each of the lanugage ESP, FR and EN maintain entries via SM30. the key fields of the table if Field ID and SPRAS.

Now in your form interface create as many number of global variables as there are fields in your form.

In the code initialization section make all the global variables as your output parameter.

Before that in the form interface under import parameters add a parameter referring to the table type of type ur Z table.

This table is populated in the print program based on the login language of the user. If the user logs in French this importing parameter internal table shall have only French entries.

Now in code initialization use READ TABLE statement to assign the field captions their respective texts.

In the Form make these global variables part of the data stream by including them in form context. Now go to the layout and from Tools -> Options -> Activate the Dynamic Properties of the form. This step will enable you to bind the caption. Now Bind the caption to the appropriate global variable.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use SE63 for translation. There are a couple of other ways as well (these, unlike SE63, will immediately record the changes in a transport request so you won't have to go add it later):

- use the translation option available in transaction SFP (menu option: Goto --> Translation) then select source and target languages and perform the translation

- my favorite: logon to the system in the target language; then go to SFP and open the form in change mode. you will be asked whether you want to change the form original language and you need to select YES (the questions will be in the target languages so make sure you understand the option you are selecting). the reason you select YES is that the form will keep the original English text untouched. now, you can change the text however you want in the new language on the form directly. The English text will not change. once you are finished, log back on in English and change the original language back to English.

I suggest that you first try with a test form and see how it goes before you do any major changes to a real form.